PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic)
Carrier: Sprint

modembug is keeping up the good workmodembug is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to modembug Send a message via MSN to modembug Send a message via Yahoo to modembug
Proximity sensor in call

So I only found one thread even relating to this and it didn't answer my question so here goes! Is the proximity sensor that is used to turn off the screen during calls related to Manila? (does this function work on roms running titanium only?)
Old 02-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Proximity sensor in call

i have no idea, i think "proximity sensor" is a fancy term for a feature using the light going away when you place the phone against your head. that's all it is. it uses the same light sensor that adjusts your back light when you select auto back light. not that that answers your question either
Old 02-22-2010, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to modembug Send a message via MSN to modembug Send a message via Yahoo to modembug

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa1303 View Post
i have no idea, i think "proximity sensor" is a fancy term for a feature using the light going away when you place the phone against your head. that's all it is. it uses the same light sensor that adjusts your back light when you select auto back light. not that that answers your question either
I think you are right on the light sensor being the same as the proximity sensor... I just dont want to have manila on my phone as i use SPB MS but last time I tried to cook a rom without manilla it didn't work.... :\
Old 02-22-2010, 01:16 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

The sensor to turn off the screen in calls works in a titanium-only ROM if you use the HTC dialer. If you don't cook in the phone canvas and just try to use the stock WM dialer, the sensor won't work ... but there is a program on XDA that makes it work with the stock dialer, if that is what you want.

I use a ROM with no manila built with Calk's kitchen. I have the Phone Canvas in it and I also use SPB Mobile shell. The proximity sensor works as expected.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
The sensor to turn off the screen in calls works in a titanium-only ROM if you use the HTC dialer. If you don't cook in the phone canvas and just try to use the stock WM dialer, the sensor won't work ... but there is a program on XDA that makes it work with the stock dialer, if that is what you want.

I use a ROM with no manila built with Calk's kitchen. I have the Phone Canvas in it and I also use SPB Mobile shell. The proximity sensor works as expected.
Yay! That was the answer I was looking for Thanks a bunch!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:54 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa1303 View Post
not quite, if u use ur phone in the complete dark and slowly lift ur finger over the prox sensor (on left) u will see where its measuring the distance from object to phone earpeice, theres actually a few reg settings about that

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2