PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Favorite cabs Thread

My favorite program is called Pocket Quicken, by Landware. But Quicken decided to go a different direction and stopped the license agreement with them. So for the time being, I cannot upgrade to WM7 when it comes out, or even the android. Does anyone know another program that is as easy to use as Quicken/Pocket Quicken? I have Quicken Deluxe on my laptop, but to me it is an overkill, all I use is the checkbook features. Here is the features I am looking for.

1) Mobile Phone app/ PC program
2) Sync either via bluetooth or cable
3) Easy setup.
4) Memorize payee's
5) Memorize Bills and transaction

Old 06-23-2010, 08:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc tp 2
Carrier: sprint

dschomerus is a n00b

Is anyone aware of a way to change the the dialer skin to as large of numbers as possible? I bought my wife a Sprint Touch Pro 2 and she complains about the size of the numbers on the keypad. We don't care about the call log and it would be great to make the dial pad full screen. Help would be appreciated.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Favorite cabs thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
M2.5 Clear/Glass slider and the cab for no icons IN the slider as it moves. These are the first cabs I install after a reset...
Clear Slider did nothing on my Tilt 2.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

arabdrifter is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Check your pm. There is an app over at xda, but not sure if posting the app here will violate any rules.
hey bud was wondering if you could send me that cab as well also i thanked you for all your efforts/hard work...
Old 06-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschomerus View Post
Is anyone aware of a way to change the the dialer skin to as large of numbers as possible? I bought my wife a Sprint Touch Pro 2 and she complains about the size of the numbers on the keypad. We don't care about the call log and it would be great to make the dial pad full screen. Help would be appreciated.
I'm trying the 2week trial of this. Unfortunately, without flashing a custom ROM I don't think you can change the size of the default dial. This cab disable the dial so you can use it instead. Once installed, just press the talk button to bring it up.
http://iconsoft.com/

Old 06-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschomerus View Post
Here is a .cab I have to get a full screen dialer, but is pretty limited on function and graphics, also is launched like an app in your programs menu. After you hit send it will take you back to the original dialer. Not sure if you can map it to the talk button or not. But I figured id show you anyways. Take a look at the screen shot below, not the most polished dialer, thats for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabdrifter View Post
hey bud was wondering if you could send me that cab as well also i thanked you for all your efforts/hard work...
Thanks, PM sent..

I am not sure if posting the .cab here will violate PPCGEEKS rules, so I wont, but a new version dropped today!

**Update, I have gotten permission from moderators to post the .cab I have created for SciLors GrooveDownloader WM app. This is completely the work of SciLor from his website here:
http://www.scilor.com/groovedownloaderwm.html . I just created the .cab file from the .zip file provided by SciLor. This will install the downloader to the appropriate folder and add a shortcut in programs folder. The downloaded song will be found in Windows/downloads. SciLor plans on adding the option to save to other folders in future releases. Enjoy!!

One more thing......

I know many have been looking for a good app that will effectively
turn off your screen while playing music or other things to save battery life. Well virgilp over at xda created this app that should do just that.

This application simply turns off the screen on the device, without putting it to sleep. I use it to save battery when i connect my phone to the PC to sync or to copy large amount of data.

It was tested on HTC Touch HD with WM 6.1 and 6.5.3.
It DOES NOT require .NET Compact Framework. Just install the cab and launch the shortcut from Programs.

Remark: Some programs, usually media players, use a backlight keep-alive feature. Be sure to turn off this feature in order for the Screen Off application to work.
* iGO8 users, check out this post by Tom Lenferink. It worked for me. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...98&postcount=7
* For TOM TOM, check out this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=412321

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (39.4 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab FSD.cab (182.2 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab ScreenOff_v1.0.cab (71.9 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Cabbed by HYPNOTIC2010 SciLor's GrooveDownloaderWM Alpha v3.cab (273.3 KB, 133 views) Click for barcode!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 06-26-2010 at 07:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fatmac1982 is a n00b

Hypnotic2010

Virtually, I am a Ppc

Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Hypnotic2010

Virtually, I am a Ppc

Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Hypnotic2010...Can you provide with the link to the above Music Search program that you have pictured above in which Arabdrifter was inquiring about! It seems like you can search and download music straight from and to your phone!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:06 PM
N00b

dschomerus is a n00b

Thanks a bunch! I downloaded and tryed on your advice and bought two copies. Handango has a buy 2 apps and get a 25% discount. Unfortunately I only got one key. We'll fight that one out.

BTW, the CEO of the household put her stamp of approval on the dialer layout.

Thanks again.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:39 AM
N00b

dschomerus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Here is a .cab I have to get a full screen dialer, but is pretty limited on function and graphics, also is launched like an app in your programs menu. After you hit send it will take you back to the original dialer. Not sure if you can map it to the talk button or not. But I figured id show you anyways. Take a look at the screen shot below, not the most polished dialer, thats for sure.

Thanks, PM sent..

I am not sure if posting the .cab here will violate PPCGEEKS rules, so I wont, but a new version dropped today!

One more thing......

I know many have been looking for a good app that will effectively
turn off your screen while playing music or other things to save battery life. Well virgilp over at xda created this app that should do just that.

This application simply turns off the screen on the device, without putting it to sleep. I use it to save battery when i connect my phone to the PC to sync or to copy large amount of data.

It was tested on HTC Touch HD with WM 6.1 and 6.5.3.
It DOES NOT require .NET Compact Framework. Just install the cab and launch the shortcut from Programs.

Remark: Some programs, usually media players, use a backlight keep-alive feature. Be sure to turn off this feature in order for the Screen Off application to work.
* iGO8 users, check out this post by Tom Lenferink. It worked for me. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...98&postcount=7
* For TOM TOM, check out this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=412321

Enjoy!
Thanks for the response. NRFITCHETT44 sent me a link for a commercial cab that appears to be excellent (I even bought it). They have a trial period and you might want to look at it.

http://iconsoft.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Metro PCS

lavpatel is a n00b

Can anyone pls upload google skymaps for HTC TP2?
Thanks a lot in advance

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2