PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Windows Phone 7 on Touch Pro 2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110859)

Kris443 02-23-2011 08:43 PM

Re: Windows Phone 7 on Touch Pro 2?

Thanks! I have no idea what a good speed is for it so I set it to 710. It has a button to "create a link to these settings", which I pressed, but I don't know where the link is. Any idea?

gera229 02-23-2011 09:27 PM

Go to program files/wimospeed (If you installed on SD find program files on SD card). Basically you do not really need that link unless you want your phone to overclock on startup. To do that you copy the link and past it in startup folder which is found in windows/startup and paste it there.
Another use that the link does is when you press on it, it instantly overclocks to the speed that you set or 710.

Kris443 02-23-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gera229 (Post 2060474)
Go to program files/wimospeed (If you installed on SD find program files on SD card). Basically you do not really need that link unless you want your phone to overclock on startup. To do that you copy the link and past it in startup folder which is found in windows/startup and paste it there.
Another use that the link does is when you press on it, it instantly overclocks to the speed that you set or 710.

I installed it to the SD card because of the suggestion that if probs, just remove card. I got totally stuck on trying to figure out how to assign a button to that link in CHT2 (it'd be child's play in iphonetoday), so I decided to put it in Win/startup to auto exec it on boot, but then realized that all I had to do was copy that link to Win/Start Menu and it would show up in applications, so I have both now. DUH!!! LOL! :mrgreen:

Thanks!

Kris443 02-24-2011 02:34 PM

It runs nicely at 710. Seems okay at 768, 787 caused sense to restart, and 806 just locked it :mrgreen:

u8myfoood 02-24-2011 11:40 PM

I think at best the TP2 could run android, even then it had difficultly. WP7 seems a bit extreme for this device, beside I'm sure you want that 1GHz snapdragon as well as the upgraded ram over the TP2 with it's processor copied over from the TP1.

Kris443 02-25-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u8myfoood (Post 2061065)
I think at best the TP2 could run android, even then it had difficultly. WP7 seems a bit extreme for this device, beside I'm sure you want that 1GHz snapdragon as well as the upgraded ram over the TP2 with it's processor copied over from the TP1.

WP7 needs a capacitative screen. A WP7 phone will probably be my next phone, but after they've been out for a while and are modifiable....