PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

homeland is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: battery only lasts 6 hours!! pls help!

I was having issues with my battery and found that turning the backlight to 30% drastically improved my battery life. Even at 30% backlight I have no problems seeing the screen.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I don't know how anyone could have battery issues with this device. Mine lasts 2 days under medium usage, and about 36 hours under fairly heavy use.
that's impossible, are you using an extended battery?

I get around 8 hours
Old 04-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: httc touch pro2
Carrier: verizon

htctouchpro11 is a n00b

my battery dies way to fast..six hours is the most it will last.. i did a hard reset and hopefully that will fix it. what other things can ido??
Old 04-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcgpirate View Post
that's impossible, are you using an extended battery?

I get around 8 hours
I get two days with medium use, I am contractor so I do make and receive a few calls.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:56 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatolove View Post
i've bought this phone a month or two ago and all i've done to it was unlock it (its from sprint) so i can use it in canada.

I have done absolutely nothing else to it, and all i do with my phone is call and text. i dont do any email check or whatever so all of that data stuff is off. i've tried the simple stuff like setting the brightness to like 40 %?

i dont know anything about this technology stuff and i dont use or need the phone to do anything else really but text and call

i thought it was normal for my phone to only last 6 hours until i bumped into a friend and his phone lasts 2 days!

im just wondering what is wrong? is there any way i can fix it?

thank you!

p.s i have spent time reading in the forum but i dont understand half the stuff mentioned because im new to the terminology and stuff sorry!
any reason you and just about everyone thinks they should have better battery life??? straight from HTC: Battery
1500 mAh Li-on
Talk time: Up to 4 hours
Standby: over 2 weeks
(The above are subject to network and phone usage)

again, why are you expecting your phone to last all day?

Noones phone last 2 days, if it does, they BARELY use it...

i get about 6-12hrs depending what im doing.. i can tether for a lil bit, use the phone,text,and web a ton and hit my 6 hr mark religiously... the times i extend past that is when im working and not replying back or answering the phone... everyone forgets that using the actual phone(making/recieving calls) is almost what drains your battery more than anything.. hence only gettin 4 hrs of talk time when everyone expects 24hr battery life.. wont happen if you use your phone alot...

THERES NO MIRACLE CURE FOR BATTERY LIFE!!!! if there were, wed have a stickie thread by now with ONE and ONLY ONE SOLUTION that we all know makes that significant impact everyone wants.. but it doesnt exist... you can try .dlls from randoms things, but you really have no way of knowing how theyll react to the rom your on...

best case, tweak your settings out.. screen brightness, send/recieve schedules, turn off push internet, dont mess with your phones polling for quicker incoming call notification, keep your data and wifi off until needed, etc.. all things most of us try to do already.. im sorry OP, i wish there was some miracle i could link you to, but honestly theres nothing thats all the sudden gonna dbl your battery life like your hoping for
Old 04-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

.ohms. is a n00b
Wink Re: battery only lasts 6 hours!! pls help!

boredandtattooed said it best, ive beeeen lurking the forums and reading about everybodies tremendously long battery life and racking my brain with mixed emotions of envy and frustration trying to figure out why my battery only lasts 6 HOURS!!! LOL! but its 6 hours of solid internet use...(mainly roaming these here halls and those of xda, looking for a batt fix!lol) so today i found that "battery in a nutshell" thread and followed the instructions, and im noticing a big difference in battery life. as of today its been off the charger since 2:30, with 4 hrs of constant internet, 45 min talk time, and about 40 mins of pocket uno and im at 42 precent! i hope i've found what ive been looking for! if i could extend my 6 hrs of heavy use to 8-9, then i can't complain. i bet if i used it for 10 mins out of every hour i could stretch it to a couple of days too!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

bigkevj is a n00b

This is my first post. I joined here because a friend referred me to this forum because i was having problems with battery life. Verizon is sending me a new battery to try, should have it tomorrow. I pull my phone off AC charger at 7am, by lunch it will be down to 50%, down to 20 or 10% by 5pm. WITH NO USAGE. Maybe a check of the weather or one or two texts. If I actually use it for a phone call, its even worse. I have bluetooth off, wifi off, email set to check manually with no luck. I just installed the two cabs from this thread, so we will see if that helps. I did see where to change backlight settings as far as amount of time before shutting off, but didnt see where i could drop to 30%. But i am not using it so backlighting is not my problem.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond

semifast is just getting started

using mine in Columbus, Ohio it lasts for more than 48 hours with light use.

same phone in outskirts of Knoxville, TN lasts half a day.

pretty sure difference is if it's hunting for a signal. doing the roaming only option mod probably helps a lot.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

shankscomp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to shankscomp Send a message via Yahoo to shankscomp

Those of you "claiming" to get more than a day without the battery dieing... What ROM are you using? What settings are you using? How much internet are you doing per day?
Thanks
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!
Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Snap S511, HTC Ozone, Touch PRO, Touch PRO 2
Carrier: (UA) InterTelecom, MTC, UTEL

antihero is a n00b
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to antihero Send a message via Skype™ to antihero

I`m have Same problem.
Make hard reset.
The SD card and SIM card is pulled out.
Airplane Mode ON. Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth - OFF.

Иut all the same the battery is discharged hours for 6, I do not know as to do already...

Someone solved such problem ???

I`m think - this is Hardware Problem, not software.

Last edited by antihero; 03-22-2012 at 01:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2