View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 02:56 PM
boredandtattooed
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: battery only lasts 6 hours!! pls help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatolove View Post
i've bought this phone a month or two ago and all i've done to it was unlock it (its from sprint) so i can use it in canada.

I have done absolutely nothing else to it, and all i do with my phone is call and text. i dont do any email check or whatever so all of that data stuff is off. i've tried the simple stuff like setting the brightness to like 40 %?

i dont know anything about this technology stuff and i dont use or need the phone to do anything else really but text and call

i thought it was normal for my phone to only last 6 hours until i bumped into a friend and his phone lasts 2 days!

im just wondering what is wrong? is there any way i can fix it?

thank you!

p.s i have spent time reading in the forum but i dont understand half the stuff mentioned because im new to the terminology and stuff sorry!
any reason you and just about everyone thinks they should have better battery life??? straight from HTC: Battery
1500 mAh Li-on
Talk time: Up to 4 hours
Standby: over 2 weeks
(The above are subject to network and phone usage)

again, why are you expecting your phone to last all day?

Noones phone last 2 days, if it does, they BARELY use it...

i get about 6-12hrs depending what im doing.. i can tether for a lil bit, use the phone,text,and web a ton and hit my 6 hr mark religiously... the times i extend past that is when im working and not replying back or answering the phone... everyone forgets that using the actual phone(making/recieving calls) is almost what drains your battery more than anything.. hence only gettin 4 hrs of talk time when everyone expects 24hr battery life.. wont happen if you use your phone alot...

THERES NO MIRACLE CURE FOR BATTERY LIFE!!!! if there were, wed have a stickie thread by now with ONE and ONLY ONE SOLUTION that we all know makes that significant impact everyone wants.. but it doesnt exist... you can try .dlls from randoms things, but you really have no way of knowing how theyll react to the rom your on...

best case, tweak your settings out.. screen brightness, send/recieve schedules, turn off push internet, dont mess with your phones polling for quicker incoming call notification, keep your data and wifi off until needed, etc.. all things most of us try to do already.. im sorry OP, i wish there was some miracle i could link you to, but honestly theres nothing thats all the sudden gonna dbl your battery life like your hoping for