PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint sero

texasez is keeping up the good worktexasez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is Window Mobile the next Lotus or Edsel?

"Documents that are supposed to be printable from the BlackBerry with a remote-printing app include Web pages, attachments including PDFs, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, JPEGs, and PowerPoint presentations. PlanOn representatives say an app will be available for Apple's iPhone and Google's Android phones in about four or five months; they also are working on an iPad application. "

The above quote is typical of what I am seeing with new applications and hardware. No one seems to be interested in developing anything for windows mobile. Android has much less market share than WM but it looks like a lot of hardware and software companies have given up on Window Mobile and Microsoft.
Larry
Old 02-10-2010, 01:34 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Is Window Mobile the next Lotus or Edsel?

what does this have to do with a lotus. if your impling old and out of date. they still make the lotus in several models. and theyre exeptionaly hawt.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I am asking if Windows mobile is on its way to not being a factor in the smart phone market.
WM is losing market share. I like my TP2 but i am seeing more and more indications that new software or apps are not being developed for WM. Maybe Microsoft can stop the slide if they actually release WM 7 in Spain and have it available soon for new phones. The iphone and android have all the buzz now.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:14 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

ok. about the 90th thread on this topic. nice way to spread your opinion around out there, start a worthless thread. i would refer you to another thread like this with a better title. "why do i feel like i just bought the last of the mohicans?" http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1538716 maybe you should go work for microsoft since you seem to know whats best for them. release winmo7 in spain. thats exactly where they should release it. not!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

grandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Or this thread
Is Windows Mobile Vanishing?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107927
Old 02-10-2010, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I do not pretend to be an expert on anything to do with WM or smartphones for that matter.
It was an observation based upon what I had read in several new products that have apps for everything but WM.
In regard to WM7, this was posted on the first page of this web site.

"With the Mobile World Congress event making its way around the corner, we can all be for certain that it is inevitable for Windows Phone 7 to make its long awaited debut. That being said, there have been rumours floating about on what Windows Phone 7 might actually be? For months, almost a year we have seen images being leaked all over the interwebs and although we can all admit we were quite excited, the chances of it looking so or even being real for that matter were highly unlikely. Wait no more! PPCGeeks has some truly amazing information on what the Windows Phone 7 platform will deliver to our beloved handheld devices. All information detailed within may not be entirely official, although it is definitely the closest information we have heard on actually being real. Without wasting anymore time, lets jump into the nitty gritty.

-At the Mobile World Congress event on February 15th, 2010, Windows Phone 7 will be unveilved, although at this time plans are only to unveil the user interface of the new platform . Specific indepth functionality of the device will most likely not be shown"

I did not think I would get flamed for such a simple observation. I hope that is not what this site is becoming.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Wow you guys just realized WM is dead? Where were you the past 3 years? WM has been reincarnated and is being called Android now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2