PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 11:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 With Mr X Rom
Carrier: Sprint

jakobkay is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
use at&t towers with sprint sim

is it possible to roam on att network with my sprint sim since theres that gsm radio in it and all i was brainstorming and thought of it could it be possible??
Old 02-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer
Re: use at&t towers with sprint sim

The search function is your friend.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:04 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jakobkay is a n00b

thats what i have been doing and i cant understand it clearly.....
Old 02-07-2010, 12:54 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Im pretty sure ATT is GSM and Sprint is CDMA

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
Im pretty sure ATT is GSM and Sprint is CDMA

CW

You are right (I am not sure if you are really not sure or being a smart @$$). But he was talking about roaming on att since the touch pro 2 has a sim and can use gsm internationally. He was wondering if it could do the same here.

But to the op I would say no. Since the gsm functionality of the phone is for international use. I am pretty sure it could be unlocked and used on att's network but not roaming while a Sprint subscriber.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:53 AM
b194331

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Not on AT&T with the sim that came with your phone. It is for international usage. From what I understand, the TP2's GSM radio is locked when inside the US so you can't use it for GSM service here....

However, this thread is for the release of an unlocked radio which looks like it would allow you to use an AT&T sim card to use AT&T's service. Or any other US provider's sim as well.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

twizt3d is becoming a great contributor

OPs origional question has still yet to be answered, but the answer to his question is no... You would need your sim unlocked, an ATT sim, with an ATT Rate plan to do such... You cant use your roaming minutes from sprint with GSM in the states.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

You need to pay to have your phone unlocked by Olipro/cmonex. Once you have done that, you can use the SIM card of another US GSM carrier inside your Sprint phone.

You CANNOT use your Sprint SIM card on another US GSM carrier, however.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jakobkay is a n00b

ok thanks for the replies you helped a good amount i guess im gonna go find me a prepaid sim for at&t to play around with
Old 02-10-2010, 12:11 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobkay View Post
is it possible to roam on att network with my sprint sim since theres that gsm radio in it and all i was brainstorming and thought of it could it be possible??

It looks like you need to update your profile because as of right now it shows you have a sprint touchpro which cannot be used on any gsm network; however since this thread is posted in the TP2 forum it is possible to use a Sprint TP2 on AT&T by unlocking with HSPL, SIM unlocking, AND flashing a patched radio. All this (and more) can be found here

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2