PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

sinman02 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Keeping multiple apps open

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Let me know how it works out for ya!
I've found that having this app running actually makes it worse for anything not earmarked to be monitored by this app. This wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that adding more than a few apps makes the phone extremely unstable. It's a good attempt, but it's not ready for prime time. Kinda defeats it's own purpose at this point.

Does anyone else have another suggestion? Thanks.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

christophocles is just getting started

I like EverApp. It is kind of unstable and it doesn't work with some apps, but it does the job. I mainly use it to prevent Opera Mobile from being killed when S2U2 locks the screen. Or when I want to have WunderRadio playing music in the background while I am using Garmin Mobile XT in the foreground. Dang it, I just want my apps to stay open and I tried everything else. AdvancedConfig, registry tweaks to HTC Task Manager, running CleanRAM all the time, etc.. nothing else worked until I found EverApp. Too bad it isn't being actively developed anymore. The developer promised some nice features in version 0.3 which has not materialized yet. Also, it's too bad it doesn't work with OneDialer. That's one app I would like to have open 100% of the time, but it either crashes itself or causes EverApp to crash.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i thought i got a bad device... this damn thing is starting to remind me too much of my Mogul, it may have more ram but ill be dammed if im not at 95% after opening 1 app.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

christophocles is just getting started
Thumbs down Re: Keeping multiple apps open

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
i thought i got a bad device... this damn thing is starting to remind me too much of my Mogul, it may have more ram but ill be dammed if im not at 95% after opening 1 app.
Well if that one app is Opera Mobile 10, then that's understandable

I use XTask to display my free ram in MB in the titlebar, and when I first boot up I have 60mb free.. After opening opera and looking at a big site like a Slashdot article or something (lots of comments), it drops to about 20mb free...

I've gotten to the point where I know my phone's capabilities, and I've found most other apps aren't crazy memory hogs like that. hopefully they slim down Opera 10 before the final is released.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophocles View Post
Well if that one app is Opera Mobile 10, then that's understandable
close... Iris. its a relic but its the only browser out there that i can play mafia wars on

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2