PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 06:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

blix1337 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TomTom lag

I've been searching around and can't seem to find a solution/cab for TomTom that fixes the lag of updating your position. It lags behind a few blocks. I'm currently using 7.916.9189 with the BT drivers taken out. I will go to Igo if I must, but want to know if there is any solution before I make the jump.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: TomTom lag

Quote:
Originally Posted by blix1337 View Post
I've been searching around and can't seem to find a solution/cab for TomTom that fixes the lag of updating your position. It lags behind a few blocks. I'm currently using 7.916.9189 with the BT drivers taken out. I will go to Igo if I must, but want to know if there is any solution before I make the jump.
I looked for the same solution one time and found one through some forum.

Basically you need to use this "go between" app to interface with Tom Tom. It works wonders and is better than Tom Tom working with the GPS directly. I don't know if this needs to be registered at some point. Nothing has nagged me yet.

Make sure you change your GPS to use an "other NMEA GPS receiver" and put your baud rate all the way up in Tom Tom. I found that the GPS screen is about 1/2 Second to 1 Second behind where you actually are. PM me with any other questions.
Attached Files
File Type: cab GpsGatePPC.ARM.CAB (3.01 MB, 47 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dtrush; 02-09-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Attachment didn't attach:)
Old 02-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Lightbulb Re: TomTom lag

Quote:
Originally Posted by blix1337 View Post
This the famous TT7 cab. You can't post the cab because of the 9.54 MB size limit but here is the link to download it. Here is the link to strra ttn7.916.9192_vga_black tweaked. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NDLQX1MN

I would also suggest running is on system builds 21889-21891 I found these system build work the best with TOMTOM. Have fun!!! Don't forget to thank me.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
This the famous TT7 cab. You can't post the cab because of the 9.54 MB size limit but here is the link to download it. Here is the link to strra ttn7.916.9192_vga_black tweaked. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NDLQX1MN

I would also suggest running is on system builds 21889-21891 I found these system build work the best with TOMTOM. Have fun!!! Don't forget to thank me.
Thanks for the link. Next time I flash I'll install this tweaked cab instead to see how well it works. Thanks!

I'm using a 23529 Calkulin Kitchen right now. It's pretty well perfect for me if it weren't for the blasted freezing on the SMS during a phone call. Must hold out for new builds.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Cool Re: TomTom lag

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
Thanks for the link. Next time I flash I'll install this tweaked cab instead to see how well it works. Thanks!

I'm using a 23529 Calkulin Kitchen right now. It's pretty well perfect for me if it weren't for the blasted freezing on the SMS during a phone call. Must hold out for new builds.
I am using mightyrom 02-04-2010. I also tried Calkulin kitchen 21891 with success with my gps. I like the software options I get with Calkulin but I like the the stablity and the consistance of Mightyrom including further customization on the malinia. With Calkulin you can only use the Malinia they give you and that is all. If you want to reduce you lag and you want to go Calkulin I would recommend Calkulin kitchen 1.5 or 1.51 with kitchen 21891 on windows mobile 6.5 build. Let me know if you have success with system build 23529. I hope this cab eliminates your lab problems. If not if you use the system builds I suggested this will definately work. System build 21891 is very new. Don't let the low number fool you.

Last edited by jamice4u; 02-09-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

These made my unusable TT work perfect, use the ttblack file

Registry Edits

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\

Drivers\GpsOneDevice\PollInterval -> 100 (default is 1000)
Drivers\InputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
Drivers\OutputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
Drivers\SleepOnNoData -> 100 (default is 1000)

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize -> 512 ( not present, you have to create it)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

mike99 is just getting started

Thanks for the link. I am trying to install the strra cab on my TP2 with stock 6.1 Sprint ROM, but no luck. It will not install. No freezing, but will not go thru. Is this cab specific for 6.5 ROMs?

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2