PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 04:05 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Get Outlook US Holidays on WM Device (PIMBackup export). Get them here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
If you sync your phone to Outlook (or both to Exchange), you can do basically the same thing without messing with PIMBackup. In Outlook 2007, just go to tools > options > calendar options > add holidays and pick the holidays you want to add. These will then get added to your calendar which will be added to your phone the next time you sync. Easy as pie!
I may be wrong but I think the OPs original post about using PIMBackup was to help anyone import the holidays you may normally be able to get to in Outlook, but without having to sync with Outlook directly. There are going to be plenty of users who don't use Outlook at all, and therefore PIMBackup is a great work around for importing these holidays...even if they did come from Outlook initially

Old 02-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes to moon phases (as long as they aren't too obtrusive) I would probably only like full and new moon phases.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Updating first post with moon phase support (full moon phases)

I will also include just new and full moons shortly.

Update: had to pull moon phases, I accidentally included contact birthdays lol.

Last edited by freeza; 02-09-2010 at 04:25 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: Get Outlook US Holidays on your phone's Calendar (PIMBackup export). Get them her

I'm still using Outlook 03 and for the longest time, I've not been able to get Holidays on any of my PPCs. I have them ticked in Outlook but they never sync with my calender on either my Axim's or my TP2. Even in Outlook, it tells me the Holidays are added but they do not show up on the calender. Is it because it's an older version, does it stop showing holidays after a certain period of time?

Edit. I found an Update for OUtlook 03(SP3) that apparently never installed with Win Updater. I'll install it and see what happens.

Edit Edit: Worked fine. Now I'm updated until 2012. Windows Knowledge Base Link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870924/

Last edited by JohnMcD348; 02-09-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Get Outlook US Holidays on your phone's Calendar (PIMBackup export). Get them her

nice find
Old 02-09-2010, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

erikdrakon is keeping up the good workerikdrakon is keeping up the good workerikdrakon is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
If you sync your phone to Outlook (or both to Exchange), you can do basically the same thing without messing with PIMBackup. In Outlook 2007, just go to tools > options > calendar options > add holidays and pick the holidays you want to add. These will then get added to your calendar which will be added to your phone the next time you sync. Easy as pie!
Thanks for the heads up, didn't know we could do that worked great for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint SERO

itbmd is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to itbmd

freeza, (nice name BTW; though I thought Cell saga was the best) thanks very much for this. Didn't need it, but it sure is useful.

I have a Q, does anyone know if it's possible to make the home screen display appointments, more than a day in advance? For example, it would be nice to know over the next 6 days what's coming up. With a maximum of like 2 on the home screen.

Just curious, because it'd be nice to know I have a Holiday next Monday, the Tuesday before, so I could make plans. I often forget Holidays are coming up. Thanks for the file.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbmd View Post
freeza, (nice name BTW; though I thought Cell saga was the best) thanks very much for this. Didn't need it, but it sure is useful.

I have a Q, does anyone know if it's possible to make the home screen display appointments, more than a day in advance? For example, it would be nice to know over the next 6 days what's coming up. With a maximum of like 2 on the home screen.

Just curious, because it'd be nice to know I have a Holiday next Monday, the Tuesday before, so I could make plans. I often forget Holidays are coming up. Thanks for the file.
lol thanks. (I agree about the cell saga) it would be awesome if that could happen. Maybe a manila edit could make it possible. However, I have no idea which file to even start with...
Old 02-16-2010, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint SERO

itbmd is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to itbmd
Good Friday

Hey freeza,

So I was just scrolling through my calendar to see when my next Holiday is, and I didn't see Good Friday (April 2nd). Did you miss that one, or is it me? Religious views aside, I think it's major because it's a NYSE holiday - and that's the calendar my company uses. Any chance that can be added for future years? Or is it just me and am I missing something? Thanks.

P.S. I can't believe how useful this file has become for me. I just like knowing when is my next day off, because I like to plan ahead. Thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2