PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul --> TP --> TP2 --> Transform --> Epic
Carrier: Sprint

tkjames is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Hero-Type WeatherClock on TP2 Homescreen

Is there a way to get the clock on the TP2 homescreen to have the weather like on the HTC Hero....withOUT having to install a custom rom? Is there a cab that can do this?

I'm a pretty basic user and tweak the stock rom that comes on the phone with simple cabs rather than unlocking and "cooking"....I'm just not that advanced.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Hero-Type WeatherClock on TP2 Homescreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkjames View Post
Is there a way to get the clock on the TP2 homescreen to have the weather like on the HTC Hero....withOUT having to install a custom rom? Is there a cab that can do this?

I'm a pretty basic user and tweak the stock rom that comes on the phone with simple cabs rather than unlocking and "cooking"....I'm just not that advanced.
no way to do this without a custom rom. you need sense 2.1 to accomplish this.
Google is the next skynet
Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor
Re: Hero-Type WeatherClock on TP2 Homescreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkjames View Post

You don't have to cook, you just have to walk into the restaurant and know how to order.

Check out the guides for flashing and take a look at MightyROM...it's probably the most popular of the "near stock" WinMo 6.5/Sense 2.1 custom ROM out there. But that being said, there's nothing at all wrong with deciding it's not for you. Even though it's not really all that hard, it does take some know how and if you're not comfortable with it you shouldn't do it. You do give up official Sprint support and technically void your warranty (though you can reverse the changes if you need hardware service). If you don't want to make the jump to a custom ROM, just wait. What you're looking for is coming in the form of an official ROM upgrade from Sprint by the end of Q1 (so they say).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2