PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help using Sprint TP2 with T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
incorrect, a tmobile radio would brich a spring device

What he needs to do is purchase the unlocker in the CDMA upgrade section, and run it. then he will be spl, sim and security unlocked. then he needs to flash to the latest Unlocked radio for us networks. after that he can choose andy custom rom in the CDMA section, this means no tmobile rom and no tmobile radio. the tmobile rom will not boot and the radio will smoke your phone.

any of the custom roms in the cdma section will work on the tmobile network.
beat me to it.

edit: damn, didn't realize the thread was old.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
sorry to drudge up a thread from the dead...

Here is the skinny i had a touch pro 2, still have it. I switched to the EVO and i am loving it.. My girl has the sprint/nextel 8350i witch i ported over to boost. The blackberry suks its always messing up and not working properly. I am skimming trough what would be the bast way to get the TP2 on a prepaid plan for her..

I thought about porting it to Boost CDMA, however I don't have a CDMA Boost phone to do it with nor the time to track down everything I need to do it.

AT&T have prepaid they r expensive and don't include any internet access. T-Mobile has some better plans that r comparable to what Boost would do for the phone - the unlimited minutes.

What would the easiest rout be... pay for the sim unlock and go with T-Mobile or go Boost and do the CDMA switch after activating a CDMA Boost phone... I WILL NOT CLONE an ESN... I hear u just have to call and say my phone broke and keep calling back with the ESN of the tp2 till a Boost customer service rep activates it for you...

TIA
i bought a cheap nokia prepaid tmobile phone from wal-mart for $14.88, i think that would be the cheapest. of course, you still have to pay around $25 for the sim unlock, might be easier than trying to deal with boost.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

that's what I was thinking its quick and easy and I can do it now with t-mobile she mainly uses her phone for text and web not much talk.

Hows the web and what plan did u go with? does t-mobiles 3g work ?

Her blackberry with boost iden web sux its so slow i think slower then 1x rtt on cdma
Old 06-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

unfortunately, you will only get edge in north america because of the different bands. in another country, you'll get 3g. text works great though.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
unfortunately, you will only get edge in north america because of the different bands. in another country, you'll get 3g. text works great though.

ohh boo... thats a bummer this phone on edge is a let-down. Looks like i need to go boost... that means getting ahold of that loaderpro guy.. and see if i can get by with just using a cdma boost and switching the activation over to the tp2....
Old 11-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetterkeT
I'm going to re-drudge the previous drudge on the old thread.

I currently reside in the United States and have a Sprint TP2 with dual boot Mighty ROM WM6.5/Android 2.2. I plan on traveling to Europe next year so I called Sprint and they did something on their end to allow my SIM to be used internationally. However, I am thinking it might be more cost effective to temporarily use my TP2 with a carrier over there to make local calls.

My question is once I buy/run the SIM unlocker previously discussed can I immediately begin using a SIM from another carrier (please keep in mind that I already have a custom ROM)? I am trying to avoid having to flash the radio to the new carrier and then reflash back once I return home.

Please advise.
I suggest you purchase a pre-paid sim card from the available carrier where you are traveling to and use it instead of the Sprint sim that is in there now. Your TP2 is already Sim Unlocked for non-US networks so you don't need to use the Sim Unlocker. The Sim Unlocker in the upgrades forum is for unlocking your device for US GSM networks. I suggest the pre-paid sim because if you use Sprint's sim card I believe you will pay a lot more in the long run. Good Luck to you!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Account Disabled

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

the sprint tp2 is already unlocked for using outside of north america, just pop a sim card and go. sim unlocking is just for using gsm in north america.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
touch pro 2