PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide
Re: Help me like the TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
ive had HTC phones for years and this is the first one i DIDNT desperately want to flash a custom rom to.. stock runs smooth no resets needed for me, and i use the HELL out of it.. long story short try stock. slap on a custom clock, slider and bg. try that for a couple weeks..
I agree 100% this is the longest I've ever run stock since I got the Mogul.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jbass350z is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed
ive had HTC phones for years and this is the first one i DIDNT desperately want to flash a custom rom to.. stock runs smooth no resets needed for me, and i use the HELL out of it.. long story short try stock. slap on a custom clock, slider and bg. try that for a couple weeks..
I ran the stock ROM for most of the time ive had the phone. I installed MightyROM in hopes of speeding things up. Like I said, it worked for about a week.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

cge10 is becoming a great contributor

i use cleanram(search it on google) to clean my ram and HDTweak its pretty easy to find the right options just look at the description
Old 01-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

webbii is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
Being a newbie to Windows Mobile, I stuck to stock rom (at least for now). Any suggestions or a short list of applications that are must have to make sure it runs smoother? Also as far as CleanRam, which setting is the best, 1,2 or 3? Which custom clock do you guys suggest? and what is bg? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

cge10 is becoming a great contributor

i found a nice list of apps at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=550973 it should have everything that you need except for Emulators get pocket nester and morphgear
Old 01-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

sktools is also great! but its not free...

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 01-28-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

emkorial is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbass350z View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

what tweak and cache cleaner program do you recommend?

the fact you need RAM tweaks and cache cleaners is enough of an indictement.

The TP2 is one of the best of a horrible kind of phone, period. You can put all the lipstick on the pig you like.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I go days between reboots. The trick is just like a computer don't go installing a bunch of crap on it all the times and it won't mess up.

You can install a bunch of stuff while you are trialing software but when you find that set of software you want to use on a daily basis, I would suggest doing a hard reset and only installing the software you know works and doesnt give any problems.

When all else fails - do the flash dance.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jbass350z is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

cleanram and hdtweak seem to have helped. I also installed opera 10 which sped up browsing significantly.

There is still some lag in some areas. One of which is the screen lock. When i push the lock button it just sits there thinking for about a second before it does anything
Old 01-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

well, i am all about performance...and looks too. i am running 6.5 that i cooked from ssk 3.1. i removed the htc phone canvas and ran the no push internet and resource proxy cabs. i also ditched manila once i found an app on winmo marketplace call "home screen customizer" or something like that. it allows you to run titanium and move panels around, delete them and add new ones such as an apps panel and weather panel. after doin all that my tp2 is very snappy, boots at 120mb and rarely drops below 100mb after a weeks use (however i am a lite user, mainly games and some news/streaming apps).

i created a nice looking windows dialer skin, and found a nice taskbar here at ppcgeeks. after doing all this i am very happy with my tp2 now. it looks great and performs great, and once i cook with the ssk 3.3 when its out i am sure it will be even faster

here's some screens:

Last edited by MrGoodCat; 01-28-2010 at 04:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2