PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 07:32 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: New Slingplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
jim when you setup the slingbox on pc it should ask for the zip code in your area. try other zips in your area. i barely remember i had similar problem long ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieC View Post
Does sling.com have the right system for you on their server? All the NY TWC channels were listed (not all logos were present though). I just finished adding approximately 80 HD channels to my favorites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Beats me, how do you tell??

~John
John...I think it is definitely something to do with your setup...Herbie n Achilles posted a couple good ideas...maybe also check the channel input...it does have 4 options of input...reaching but you never know.......I would start the setup over from scratch....

I have SB pro and updated software on desktop and it ran fine immediately...more than happy with the upgrade.... although it still does not have the quality as I had on the TP....but hopefully soon...
Old 01-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

In your slingbox on PC, goto settings, setup assistant, configure video sources, and you should be able to change zip and service provider.

I really wouldn't goto setting up from scratch because last time I tried it, I ended up doing a whole reset on my network, and to really start from sratch because the slingbox froze my router, almost bricking it.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609

Last edited by ACHlLLES; 01-28-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

All is well here. Just wish it had better resolution. Any ideas?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:42 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
Been looking for awhile Trey...to no avail...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
I really wouldn't goto setting up from scratch because last time I tried it, I ended up doing a whole reset on my network, and to really start from sratch because the slingbox froze my router, almost bricking it.
LOL, I had the exact same thing happen once & it took me something like 6 hours to get my LAN running again........

I just went to the setup wizard & had it scan the channels again on the composite input side (my analog channels where always right) & all of a sudden I have about 1000 channels so I guess that fixed it although I'm not sure why.

The favorites work fine in HD now, but what a PITA to find & save all my channels (I mean, why aren't all the HBOs in the same screen??).

I still like the old way where you could just type in a channel, save it & be done with it (although it never let you save enough)

~John
Old 01-28-2010, 08:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

HerbieC is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
Make sure you have your vid quality set to HQ (and not SQ) in the options menu. You can also fiddle with your SBs Aud/Vid settings from the PC software. And of course have good bandwidth.

Lovin it here not that I have it set up really nice.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

HerbieC is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
LOL, I had the exact same thing happen once & it took me something like 6 hours to get my LAN running again........

I just went to the setup wizard & had it scan the channels again on the composite input side (my analog channels where always right) & all of a sudden I have about 1000 channels so I guess that fixed it although I'm not sure why.

The favorites work fine in HD now, but what a PITA to find & save all my channels (I mean, why aren't all the HBOs in the same screen??).

I still like the old way where you could just type in a channel, save it & be done with it (although it never let you save enough)

~John
Glad your up to speed now. The channels for each input has to be set separately. That was your underlying problem. Congrats.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:48 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
although it still does not have the quality as I had on the TP....but hopefully soon...
Well, that makes sense really,

Whenever you display an image like that on a smaller screen it always looks better (especially when you have a somewhat limited bandwidth)

~John
Old 01-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

I have to say the quality looks better than ever using using it via my navigation in my car.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:51 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieC View Post
Glad your up to speed now. The channels for each input has to be set separately.
Well yea, that's always been the case when one is analog & the other digital (it was no different with the old software as far as that goes). For some reason, it was displaying the same channel lineup for both sources & obviously that's not going to be right.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2