PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Pir8Man is keeping up the good workPir8Man is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question I'm upgrading to the TP2 and need info.

Hello friends. I have come from the Apache, then the Titan(Mogul), and Sprint is now giving me the Touch Pro 2. I have been cooking my own custom roms since my Apache. I use my phone for work... So speed, stability, functionality have always been my primary concern. I actually found the Titan perfectly adequate for my needs but it is almost all phased out by now.

Attached is my current selections file from the Kitchen. This configuration gives me all the tools I need for work, a few games (cuz I need something to do when a commercial comes on TV) and a couple extra handy tools that I like.

My question is what OEM's are worth adding? I will be changing to WM6.5 of course, but do not know anything about what OEM's are in the stock Sprint Rom for the TP2 or what I should replace/avoid. I understand that this phone has accelerated graphics, so I may want to swap over to some of the 3d type apps.

If anyone else has done the upgrade from a Mogul/Titan directly to the TP2, your general input will be greatly apprecaited as well.

I realize this posting is asking for vague information, but that is exactly what I want. I will have the phone in hand tomorrow or Wednesday. and plan to spend all weekend testing different rom configurations. I will take any input I get here and try out what people suggest until I come out with a configuration that suits me.

thanks !
Attached Files
File Type: txt My Titan_WM WM6.1_21056_SYS.txt (5.1 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: I'm upgrading to the TP2 and need info.

I didn't do much tinkering with my Mogul...but I did mod the crap out of my Touch Pro. I have been cooking custom ROM's using Calkulin's kitchen since then as well.

Cal's kitchen is probably the most complete and most popular of all the kitchen packages. I think you should probably start there...

It is at 1.4 and you can cook 6.1, 6.5 or 6.5.3 ROMs out of it.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

gface2k is keeping up the good workgface2k is keeping up the good work
Re: I'm upgrading to the TP2 and need info.

I don't cook my own rom's but I did go from the sprint mogul to the TP2 on day 1. I'm in IT and I use the heck out my phone at work; sms/mms, mobile web, internet sharing, wake on lan, remote desktop, excel mobile (great place to keep a pass word spread sheet), calendar reminders, notes, e-mail. Basically all the features the mogul said it could do, but now you actually can do them with out the phone lagging or randomly shutting down the app.

I recommend mighty rom (the official one).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Threadstarter

Pir8Man is keeping up the good workPir8Man is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: I'm upgrading to the TP2 and need info.

Great input guys!

That's a great idea of the excel sheet. never thought of it.

I downloaded Calkulin's kitchen and will check it out. dunno if I wanna move from the PPCK one though. We shall see.

anyone else with some tips for a tp2 newb?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint tp2 upgrade rom