PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 03:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ultra bricked tp2... Bootloader dead. Please help

Idle hands are the devils playground.. So I was bored today and decided to try again to flash a whitestone
radio... Since my phone is cid unlocked and it wasn't when I got my hands on the raw .nb files. So I convert with the util and flash. Reboots .. Vibrate as usual but gets stuck on a colored static page... Didn't boot after leaving it on. Tried bootloader combo but just gives the same static..no vibrate. Usb does nothing. Hard reset combo does the same thing but resets when I press the end key . If the device is off and plug it into usb it gets picked up as qualcoMm mom cdma yadda yadda (like for qpst... And no I haven't tried qpst because I don't see the point. Ruu does not work here.
Anyways . Since it can find that would I be able to use hyperterminal or telnet to reflash the NAND + FLASH?
Cmonex... Olipro... Anyone please help.
Sorry about the bad typing... I only have my gifriends crackberry storm
Your welcome
Old 01-25-2010, 04:25 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Ultra bricked tp2... Bootloader dead. Please help

I think you should PM them.Sounds like its not a brick.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:50 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro2 forum.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde88 View Post
Idle hands are the devils playground.. So I was bored today and decided to try again to flash a whitestone
radio... Since my phone is cid unlocked and it wasn't when I got my hands on the raw .nb files. So I convert with the util and flash. Reboots .. Vibrate as usual but gets stuck on a colored static page... Didn't boot after leaving it on. Tried bootloader combo but just gives the same static..no vibrate. Usb does nothing. Hard reset combo does the same thing but resets when I press the end key . If the device is off and plug it into usb it gets picked up as qualcoMm mom cdma yadda yadda (like for qpst... And no I haven't tried qpst because I don't see the point. Ruu does not work here.
Anyways . Since it can find that would I be able to use hyperterminal or telnet to reflash the NAND + FLASH?
Cmonex... Olipro... Anyone please help.
Sorry about the bad typing... I only have my gifriends crackberry storm
its a brick, the whitestone radios do not work on the tp2.

I've already been there and done this. hence why i posted in my radio thread that we could not use them. should read my radio thread first as i always flash and test every radio before it goes public.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
Sounds like you may have done a couple things. Sounds like you of course may have put the wrong radio in the phone, and may have also relocked the sim on the phone. Try this:

1. take the Sd card out of your phone and put it into your computer.
2. take everything off of the card and save it. format card.
3. put a regular stock radio on the card named RHODIMG.nbh
4. put card back into the phone and reboot the phone seeings how it appears to be locked into Bootloader mode anyways.
5. flash the stock radio on the phone.
6. make sure that every thing is back to normal.
7. ReRun the sim unlocker to reunlock yer phone.
8. Flash a correct radio on yer phone.

remember if you put diesel into a gasoline car, it just wont work like its supposed to.
Lol you act as if this weren't the first thing I tried.
But what happened is I guess nbhutil had built the radio telling it to flash at the bootloaders location
Old 01-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Lol you act as if this weren't the first thing I tried.
But what happened is I guess nbhutil had built the radio telling it to flash at the bootloaders location
no u flashed a radio that does not have the correct pid for our device. nothing to do with bootloader area. a 24mb file would not flash to the spl area. radio location is 0x300
Old 01-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I see.. Thanks x..
You know how it is being techy... Can't stop till you get it done... Or break it...

Guess ill call sprint.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I see.. Thanks x..
You know how it is being techy... Can't stop till you get it done... Or break it...

Guess ill call sprint.
yep only option. i bricked mine the second day i had it trying a Whitestone radio lol
Old 01-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Quote:
I see.. Thanks x..

Guess ill call sprint.
Just wondering... Call Sprint and say what?
not trying to get you in trouble or create a storm, jost wondering for those folks out there, like me, that have bricked devices before.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post
Just wondering... Call Sprint and say what?
not trying to get you in trouble or create a storm, jost wondering for those folks out there, like me, that have bricked devices before.
Not my fault the phone screwed up overnight charging...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2