PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Coming from TP1.... Energy or Mighty?

On the TP1 I was using Energy Rom because of the features and updates.

I was wondering how good mighty is on TP2, I believe that is the device he's using now?

Does mighty have Googlemaps w/ AGPS location? Mighty didn't have it on the TP1 roms. I know ENERGY does have it.

What would you say is the major difference between these two roms?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Telus

jonoball88 is keeping up the good workjonoball88 is keeping up the good work
Re: Coming from TP1.... Energy or Mighty?

if you are wanting the hero rom stick with juicy, if you want the wm 6.5 sense ui go with mighty and if you want all the bells and whistles and a rom loaded up with .cabs go with energy
Old 01-16-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Daikazetatsu is becoming a great contributor

Mighty is stabler, but Energy looks better. But me personally I'm using MalROM and could never go back to Energy. I ove it
Old 01-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

i havent tried nrgz rom but i flashed mightys this morning and wow... the phone has been off the charger since 8 this morning and the battery is down to 90 %. the battery life is excellent. I like clean roms thats why i chose mightys. he does have google maps and gps is working perfect on it... i have to say Im very impressed
Old 01-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

Juicy's R8 (while some may not agree) is probably the best "CLEAN" rom out there.

Battery life is the best i've tried, for my usage (that's the key!)...

I've had not a single issue with it. There are minor things here and there, but nothing that gets in the way of performance.

cheers.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

i have tried almost every rom on here and so far the best two imho that i have found are malrom and silence 12. they are both blazing fast, well supported, very stable, and not bloated. silence had my favorite tp1 rom and now its a tossup on the tp2. if you want stability and usability go with 6.5 with sense 2.1 though 6.5.x is constantly getting faster and more stable. if you want the latest looks, check out sense 2.5 but its a little too buggy for me right now since it wasnt designed for devices with keyboards.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 01-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonoball88 View Post
if you are wanting the hero rom stick with juicy, if you want the wm 6.5 sense ui go with mighty and if you want all the bells and whistles and a rom loaded up with .cabs go with energy
uhhh you mean the leo interface not hero right? i don't wanna confuse the new tp2 owner
Old 01-16-2010, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I've tried every ROM at least once.

I gave up on Juicys after I had the "failure to ring" problem through 4 different versions.

I am running the Energy Dec 17th Dusk ROM now & I think it's the best ROM I have ever run period.

~John
Old 01-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

So in a nutshell, try them out for yourself and see which one works best for you. Its all about pref!

Give some
Old 01-16-2010, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, treo wx, mogul, tp, tp 2, HTC Incredible
Carrier: sprint & verizon

gtcoffe is keeping up the good workgtcoffe is keeping up the good work

Mighty does have some bells and whistles but allows us to cab up our own phones to our liking...Googlemaps is on my mightyrom. The cabs are all over the forum for just about anything you could want or someone can point you in the right direction. Happy TP2-ing!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2