PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

littlefreak is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What would you pay to be able to link your wiimote to your phone...

Ive been working on getting this working myself with actualy quite a bit of progress it still look positive that this project will be completed... only problem is it looks like Im gonna have to purchase a license. So I really wont be distrubuting it for free... but Im also not gonna rip ya guys off... I might even try for a Microsoft Marketplace listing for it (thats only if I get it working on Microsoft stack and not just Widcomm)... so you guys think like $3-5 is fair for this functionality... the way it planned to work is it will map the wiimote to keyboard keys and run in the background. Also functionality for a PS3 controller could be added to but initual linking will have to be while connected to the PC (ps3 controller needs usb to link).
Old 01-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor
Re: What would you pay to be able to link your wiimote to your phone...

I don't see the point...
Old 01-12-2010, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I started the project personaly for the emulators I have on my phone...
Old 01-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker

oh ok, so you'd use the wiimote to control games on the TP2? I was thinking you were trying to go the other way -- emulate a Wiimote with the TP2, which didn't make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure it'd interest me personally, but I can see some people thinking it's cool. If you're planning to do it for yourself personally anyway, just throw it out there somewhere and see if it sells!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

I would like this capability and would pay for it. I'm running Smartgear an Fpsce and this would make games easier to play on it.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

It's something different and I'm sure tons of wii fanatics would get it. lol.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

I'd pay a couple bucks if you can get this to work with emulators. I noticed FPSECE is now compatible with BGP 100 so maybe you could figure out how and adapt that for wiimote settings or something?
Old 01-12-2010, 02:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker

BTW, slightly off topic, but is the WidComm BT stack causing you any trouble? I ask because the developer of MobileRemote (a very cool app that turned a TP1 into a BT mouse & remote for your PC) said "This stack (Widcomm I believe) does not support driver additions and therefore does not support MobileRemote." I realize what you're trying to do is different (you're going the other direction), but I'm curious if you think his answer is on target or just a cover for a decision on his part not to take the time to make it Widcomm compatible. (A decision that's certainly his right)
Old 01-12-2010, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrodgers View Post
BTW, slightly off topic, but is the WidComm BT stack causing you any trouble? I ask because the developer of MobileRemote (a very cool app that turned a TP1 into a BT mouse & remote for your PC) said "This stack (Widcomm I believe) does not support driver additions and therefore does not support MobileRemote." I realize what you're trying to do is different (you're going the other direction), but I'm curious if you think his answer is on target or just a cover for a decision on his part not to take the time to make it Widcomm compatible. (A decision that's certainly his right)
Its not right on... you do have issue with drivers as microsoft doesnt natively support Widcomm stack. This is why its looking like I will have to pay for a license to a libary that has most of this problem figured out. The Widcomm and MS stacks are similar they just require differnt tools to get them to work. As far as Widcomm giving me problems... I actualy perfer their API then Microsofts... Much easier to use. MS BT stack is just a shell over winsock which can be a pain in the ass. The API Im looking into supports both MS and Widcomm so I should be able to support both. As for right now tho Im focusing on Widcomm so it works with my TP2. Tho I do have my TP1 for testing of the MS stack too...
Old 01-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCell

Spelvin is a n00b

How is the progress coming? If this will work with any of the current emulators (SmartGear FpseCE FinalBurner or Pocket Cults MAME) at a useable speed I would purchase this as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2