PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Manually configure Program Rotation via Registry? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106087)

DLCPhoto 01-23-2010 04:22 PM

Re: Manually configure Program Rotation via Registry?

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac (Post 1511375)
Weird, the way I have it is the way I told you and it works on my phone, Kept the program, only thing I don't like about is not being able to do a search right from the phone for a specific podcast, but the best for winmo, if had that feature.

Definitely weird....

YomoMedia has some flaws and shortcomings (which will hopefully be addressed as it develops), but it's the best I've come across so far.

(And technically, I guess you could do what you suggest from the phone, by logging into your account with your browser, and doing the search from there, although that's certainly not as 'elegant' as being able to do it from within the application itself.)

And when you have time, I'd still be interested in how you are able to figure out what registry settings and values are needed for a given application.

insomniac 02-03-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1511454)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i added the edits to make tf3d auto rotate, now i want more apps like windows media player, mp3 trimmer, microsoft word etc to autorotate.

I already have mp3trimmer set, its:
HKEY_LOCAL_USER/Software/HTC/HTCSensor/GSensorWhiteList/
"MP3 Trimmer"="Dialog" (its a string value)

For Windows Media try, Windows Media=wmplayer or vice versa, if it doesnt work, i will post a working edit here, just let me know if this works or not,
the module entry would probably be: Windows Media=\\Windows\\wmplayer.exe (string value)

puff601 02-04-2010 12:08 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac
Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1511454)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i added the edits to make tf3d auto rotate, now i want more apps like windows media player, mp3 trimmer, microsoft word etc to autorotate.

I already have mp3trimmer set, its:
HKEY_LOCAL_USER/Software/HTC/HTCSensor/GSensorWhiteList/
"MP3 Trimmer"="Dialog" (its a string value)

For Windows Media try, Windows Media=wmplayer or vice versa, if it doesnt work, i will post a working edit here, just let me know if this works or not,
the module entry would probably be: Windows Media=\\Windows\\wmplayer.exe (string value)

thx man! mp3 trimmer works great! now i understand that i need to add the path of the exe to the whitelist, but how do i figure out what value to add to the module name??? like how do i know whether to put dialog,?

insomniac 02-04-2010 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1539577)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

thx man! mp3 trimmer works great! now i understand that i need to add the path of the exe to the whitelist, but how do i figure out what value to add to the module name??? like how do i know whether to put dialog,?

It's just a matter of playing around with different combos and seeing what works, the main pain in the but was adobe reader cause that also needs the module list enty not just the white list, I almost gave up on that program, but i entered its path in module list, rebooted and bam it rotated. on my days off i spend time to figure out a program I want to add, which is everything except the dialer, wm player, file explorer and total commander, everntually everything, except those, since I spend more time in landscape than portrait anyways. I have many packages dumped from different roms as i make my own for myself, so ots easy for me to kinda take a look at the files of the program where rotation is wanted. You could annoyingly scroll through windows dir on the phone to find the files for your program, but that could prove to be a slight annoyance. I have added a whole bunch of programs in manually recently, gonna post txt here tomorrow for you all. Still want the wm player? have you tried my possible suggestion, iif so, does it work?

puff601 02-04-2010 12:14 PM

o ok so the module name is not needed all the time? some work by just adding them to the whitelist? if so that makes it easier. naah i havent tried the wmp cause i never use it, but i will test it out later for you and let you know.

ive got tf3d to rotate but if i am in landscape and i get a text, or missed call or some, when i click on that at the top of the screen, it goes back to portrait, do u have the whitelist entry to make the notifications screen rotate? that list would be very helpful and i probably can add a few programs to it when u post it.

insomniac 02-04-2010 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1540507)

o ok so the module name is not needed all the time? some work by just adding them to the whitelist? if so that makes it easier. naah i havent tried the wmp cause i never use it, but i will test it out later for you and let you know.

ive got tf3d to rotate but if i am in landscape and i get a text, or missed call or some, when i click on that at the top of the screen, it goes back to portrait, do u have the whitelist entry to make the notifications screen rotate? that list would be very helpful and i probably can add a few programs to it when u post it.

I don't have this issue, sorry, cant help you out thee, maybe its something else you have installed, though I have noticed that psshutxp and xda shutdown cause issues with tf3d or sense if you have it to rotate, hence I don't use them.

Here is the txt of registry of the apps I have rotating:

insomniac 02-04-2010 04:49 PM

Also, as noted by d someone else, #NETCF_AGL_BASE_ didn't work, though it worked for me. What worked on his phone was #NETCF_AGL_BASE
So try the latter if the former doesn't work for those entries that contain this value.

puff601 02-04-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac
Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1540507)

I don't have this issue, sorry, cant help you out thee, maybe its something else you have installed, though I have noticed that psshutxp and xda shutdown cause issues with tf3d or sense if you have it to rotate, hence I don't use them.

Here is the txt of registry of the apps I have rotating:

what are psshutupxp and xda? only cabs i have installed are phm reg edit, .net 3.5, pocketrar, my phone, memmaid, and falkes weather database editor...

i couldnt get IM to work, it did autorotate the 1st time i ran it but hasnt done it again even after a few resets.

insomniac 02-04-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1541444)

what are psshutupxp and xda? only cabs i have installed are phm reg edit, .net 3.5, pocketrar, my phone, memmaid, and falkes weather database editor...

i couldnt get IM to work, it did autorotate the 1st time i ran it but hasnt done it again even after a few resets.

Are you on stock Rom, or custom rom, if custom then which one? Everything in the reg rotates fine for me. Maybe something else installed is conflicting. If you really want it, delete the entire entry for IM, reboot, enter the entry back in again, wait like 30 secs., reboot, and try it. Only issue I had was with manila, but once i uninstalled shutdown, it was fine.

shutxp and xda shutdown are software to turn off display, turn off phone, or softreset without usin g power button or reboot hole on the side of the phone.

insomniac 02-04-2010 06:26 PM

Could be the weather database that you have installed that messes with your the ui as that would alter manila files, is it for the tp2 or for wvga res. or your version of manila? check that or just uninstall and see if everything goes back to working correctly with the manila.