PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Manually configure Program Rotation via Registry? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106087)

riot1031 01-14-2010 11:21 PM

Re: Manually configure Program Rotation via Registry?

[QUOTE=leepriestenator;1489605]

Going by what I read, I think you don't want the phone dialer (including the Answering Slider) to rotate automatically.

If that's the case, then goto

Code:

HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\ModuleName

and

HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\WhiteList

and look for entires with the word cprog in it and delete it.
[QUOTE]

I don't have any entries that contain cprog yet my dialer still rotates, which pisses me off. Any ideas why it still rotates?

leepriestenator 01-14-2010 11:24 PM

That's weird. cprog is your phone dialer program.

Are you absolutely positive that you don't have any other program like ChangeScreen or Gyrator installed?

It would be helpful if you could post the entries that you find under both "Whitelist" and "ModuleName"

1454 01-14-2010 11:39 PM

It has the word Cprog in the middle of the value data. It was under the modulelist reg for me. It was a value name of "Phone/lock/screen" or something to that effect.

insomniac 01-15-2010 12:29 AM

I have looked at the stock rom dumped and und under that reg setting, the entry to make the dialer (phone canvas) rotate is not there in white list or modulelist, not there by default, do have rotation app installed? or custom rom? there are many file names that can be used, that I see, besides just cprog.

DLCPhoto 01-21-2010 03:28 PM

Update:

I added insomniac's registry edits for Start/Manila and it works great!

I would like to add this for "YomoMedia" which is a great RSS reader. Do I need an entry in both the "ModuleName" and "WhiteList" Keys, or would the "ModuleName" alone suffice? The "ModuleName" seems straightforward - just the name of the App, and then the path to its executable.

Since the various WhiteList Values are not intuitive, I'm not sure what I would put for YomoMedia.

Any suggestions?

insomniac 01-21-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLCPhoto (Post 1506911)
Update:

I added insomniac's registry edits for Start/Manila and it works great!

I would like to add this for "YomoMedia" which is a great RSS reader. Do I need an entry in both the "ModuleName" and "WhiteList" Keys, or would the "ModuleName" alone suffice? The "ModuleName" seems straightforward - just the name of the App, and then the path to its executable.

Since the various WhiteList Values are not intuitive, I'm not sure what I would put for YomoMedia.

Any suggestions?

I dont use that program. post the cab so i can take a look at its files, and i will get back to when possible

DLCPhoto 01-21-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac (Post 1507435)
I dont use that program. post the cab so i can take a look at its files, and i will get back to when possible

You can download it with this link:

http://m.yomomedia.com/yomocabs/YomoMedia.cab

It is free, although they do ask for registration to use it, so I wasn't sure if it was 'kosher' for me to post the cab file directly.

It's actually a pretty cool RSS program; I like it better than RSS Hub, Viigo, etc.

Thanks!

insomniac 01-22-2010 12:38 AM

I downloaded the cab will check it out later tonight.

insomniac 01-22-2010 01:26 AM

It took me 4 tries, but I got it.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSensor\GSensor\W hitelist
"YomoMedia"="NETCF_AGL_BASE_"

DLCPhoto 01-22-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac (Post 1508276)
It took me 4 tries, but I got it.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSensor\GSensor\W hitelist
"YomoMedia"="NETCF_AGL_BASE_"

=D>=D>

How did you come up with this?? (you know...give someone a fish, you feed him for a day; teach him to fish and you feed him for a lifetime, and all that!!:mrgreen:)

Why do some apps need entires in the "Modules" Key, others will do fine with just the "WhiteList" Key?

(I would much prefer to do my tweaks directly via the Registry, when possible, instead of installing Cabs where I really don't know what they are/aren't doing to my phone, and often have unwelcome consequences and side effects.)

Again, many thanks! I'll boot up my phone and give it a whirl later this morning.