PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 08:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

akavalerie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Not Charging with USB after 6.5 reflash

All was going great with my TP2 -- great battery life (I was running GoodThings2Life's clean up), it charged up quickly while plugged into USB via my laptop until I upgraded to WM 6.5. I am also running the latest version of SPB Mobile Shell (was running this prior to reflash as well). Now the battery drains much, much quicker, and when it's plugged into the USB it says it is "charging" but it continues to drain.

Got an error message this afternoon that said the power was not adequate to charge based on the consumption on the device. When I check the task manager it shows nothing running and my power had dropped from 60% to 50% after being plugged in for about an hour.
What the heck happened and what/where to check to see what the issue is?

I have verified that WiFi is turned off and I also have verified that the box is not checked says not charge while connected to PC.

It charges fine while plugged into AC outlet

Last edited by akavalerie; 01-11-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:57 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: TP2 Not Charging with USB after 6.5 reflash

are you using the same cable when you charge with the outlet?
Have you tried a different cable for your computer or a different computer?
Have you checked the setting under batter that says "When phone is on, do not charge the battery when connected to a pc" is not selected?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:29 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you hard reset after flash????
Old 01-12-2010, 12:16 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

akavalerie is a n00b

I have tried 2 different USB cables, but not a different computer. I will give that a shot tonight.

The box is not checked.

and I did do a hard reset after the reflash.

It almost seems that when it's plugged into the PC...even though I either turn off Active Sync or set the phone to disk drive, something is running in the back ground sucking up major battery power. This never happened before the reflash. Task manager shows nothing. Is there another way I can go in see what's running in the background while it's plugged in?
Old 01-30-2010, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Gonna throw my 2 cents in. On one of mighty's release I had a serious battery drain on 6.5. I mean like the phone was dead from a full charge in 4 hours with no use. There has been people bickering everywhere about it. After a reflash, I've been good. Today, a friend of mine with a stock verizon tp2 flashed to the verizon 6.5. He has had nothing but good to say about his phone before the flash. But, he came to work today, and mentioned terrible battery life. Like 3 to 4 hrs and its dead. Not even using it. And, it will not charge with the same cable he's been charging with for a couple of months now. Something is up with this release. I know mikes roms are based on the verizon kernel. But its odd hows its so random.

Any update on this issue?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

akavalerie is a n00b

I did try turning on bluetooth and it did drain only slightly more quickly but nothing significant.

I would suggest trying what worked for me...let it drain completely until the phone shuts off and then charge it fully again before you use it, and turn bluetooth off.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

drtnsnw1 is a n00b

having same issue. WE ALL NEED TO CALL VWS!!! I am going to go to the store tomorow so they can run some kind of test. Unless we bitch to hi heaven they are going to ignore this trouble

BTW, had my phone unplugged for an hour and it was down to 80% 2.5 and down to 60. Itdoes charge super quick too like 2 hours instead of 8 like it used to be

Chris
Old 02-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

joebloebloe is a n00b

yep, I was seeing the same thing with the VZW 6.5 update. Tried disabling all the location settings, autoupdates, etc. and eventually had to go back to 6.1 to get my battery life back. I did notice that in Settings/Power/Information there was no information for usage for charge time/date when running 6.5 but that screen updates correctly under 6.1. I think there is a major charging bug under 6.5.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Skroll79 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by akavalerie View Post
All was going great with my TP2 -- great battery life (I was running GoodThings2Life's clean up), it charged up quickly while plugged into USB via my laptop until I upgraded to WM 6.5. I am also running the latest version of SPB Mobile Shell (was running this prior to reflash as well). Now the battery drains much, much quicker, and when it's plugged into the USB it says it is "charging" but it continues to drain.

Got an error message this afternoon that said the power was not adequate to charge based on the consumption on the device. When I check the task manager it shows nothing running and my power had dropped from 60% to 50% after being plugged in for about an hour.
What the heck happened and what/where to check to see what the issue is?

I have verified that WiFi is turned off and I also have verified that the box is not checked says not charge while connected to PC.

It charges fine while plugged into AC outlet
I have had that same problem with my Vzw TP2 not charging when connected to a PC via a USB cable, but I have the stock ROM. I have tried multiple computers, I have the "When device is turned on, do not charge the battery when connected to the PC," unchecked, nothing was running on it and had the screen off. The only way I was able to get it to charge while connected to a PC was by turning it off. . . Any one else? Any solutions other than turning it off?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:09 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

akavalerie is a n00b

Mine has been working OK since I let the battery drain and recharged completely. I think it may have had something to do with me doing the reflash with barely 50% battery as someone else suggested.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2