PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does a hard reset wipe out the SD card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
I believe Sprite does all this... NOT sure about bricking but at least all your data is wiped.
p.

http://www.spritesoftware.com/
Check this link. It's not free... But I think it does what you want. ^^^
p.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
That looks pretty nice, I like the idea of locating the device remotely via a web browser.

Don't know if I would want to set off a siren though, I think I would rather just find the person who stole my device, get it back, then make them in-operable.

Seriously though, darren, is this program possible to get without all that other stuff as I kinda have things I have bought for that?

As well, does that part where it remotely wipes out all the data work for the SD card too?

Lastly if that part of the program that wipes out all the data is enacted, is it still possible after to still find the device via a web browser or no?

Thanks.
i just started testing for them so i havent used much but the backup part, its a packege deal and its lite on mem usage and the siren is for if you loose ppc at wallmart or something like that, its free and you can ask them for more sd info, they answer fast after you email them.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:34 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

warden works but its only for treo ppcs so apps are out there.
http://www.iambic.com/select/?itemid=225
maybe theyll make a tp2 app.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 01-11-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
Yeah, if this thing is ever lost or stolen:

One: I would want to be able to remotely wipe any info from the device and the card or at least make the entire device not operable.

Two: If the device could be made inoperable, I would also want to be sure the card is also in the case if it was ever removed and say put in a reader.

Third: Again if the device and the card were made inoperable, I would want to be able to track the device via GPS.

Lastly: If non of the above were possible, basically I would want to be able to remotely brick the device.
Setup Microsoft My Phone.

In the premium section, you can remotely wipe the phone (+ sd card if installed). You can do this 1 time free of charge, 2nd and there after is a fee.

You have to have the service setup prior to the phone being lost/stolen though. And there is a test connection to run that will tell you if you can do this type of function.

I have tested it and it does do what it says, wipes both phone and sd card (did this on a test SD card and prior to flashing to VZW WM6.5).

The one disadvantage to this route is that someone could pull the sd card out and read it from a PC with an adapter.
To prevent that portion, I guess you could run the Encryption on the phone so that the sd card is only readable/writeable in the phone (I believe that is how the encryption portion works for the SD Card?).

Also, if you want last known location, Microsoft My Phone will have that as long as you set it up that way. I set mine to sync each day at 12:01am. I get location of that Sync. You might be able to set that up to Sync every few hours to see the location at more precise location but there is another draw back to this method....phone has to be on and connected to internet source (cellular or wifi). So if phone is lost and battery is dead, is not going to do you any good at that point.

Also, Also, There is a service to just LOCK the phone. Then it requires a PIN that you setup with My Phone service. It doesn't prevent a hard reset and the end user from flashing the phone if they know how but it would keep 99% of the people out of the phone.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th

Last edited by PPCFreak; 01-11-2010 at 03:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2