PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

richman21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

[QUOTE=688sea;1476696]So far I've noticed a few "features" (alright, bugs) One, the clock, when displayed on the taskbar is NOT in sync with the clock displayed on the home screen or in the clock setup.

Three, Weather on the today screen and in the weather panel is not updating automatically.

QUOTE]

My weather on the today screen and the weather panel also does not update automatically. I have the stock wallpaper and have the weather settings to update automatically. Does anyone know why this would be? On 6.1 it updated as soon as I went into the weather panel.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

My weather doesn't update automatically either.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefurby View Post
I see you have installed the ICS and Modem fix. I tried installing this, but it doesn't show up anywhere. Nor does it come up when I connect to my PC via USB. I tried to reinstall, thinking it maybe didn't take, but it tells me it's going to remove the old version, so I'm sure it's there. I just don't know how to activate it. Any words of wisdom?
Did you do a soft reset after installing the Fix?

After installing cab in the link below, I did a soft reset and then it showed up on my programs tab again (has a new Icon as well).

Here is the link to the post that I got the working ICS and Wmodem fix form (this form post 290)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=290

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Weather update interval. The number you enter is the minutes to update. Now this doesn't update at exactly 30 minutes for me but it is much better than the stock three hours. This interval only works for the new 6.5 rom not with 6.1

Create this DWord entry in the following key:
HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\
Dword Name: Weather.AutoDownloadInterval
DWord Value: 30 (Decimal)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=weather
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work

FWIW, I just spoke with Tech Support (my current refurb TP2's Screen Alignment is fluctuating significantly and spontaneously, with the Registry settings not changing), and am getting another refurb.

I asked if it would be 6.5 or 6.1 and he said that they had received an email within the last day or two which indicated that all new and refurb TP2's going out from Verizon will have the most current software which will be 6.5.

It should be here in 2-3 days, and we shall see.

Of course, this complicates my getting up and running quickly, since my SPB Backups are all based on the 6.1 ROM, so I won't be able to do a quick restore to get back to where I am, and will have to re-install all my apps, games, whichever registry tweaks are needed, etc. Not to mention buying/installing another Screen Protector!

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it....
Old 01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

After the first time i had to reload everything, I leaned to keep everything organized.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have my cab files on my SD card in the phone at all times.
I have them organized in folder of curr_install and then test. If I like it and don't have issues with it, I move it over to curr_install.

Next on the plate is to get sashimi setup and running. Have not had time but hear it saves a lot of time after flashing.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sashimi is easy to setup. All you do is drop your cabs in a folder and install the program to your sd card.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

firefurby is keeping up the good workfirefurby is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Did you do a soft reset after installing the Fix?

After installing cab in the link below, I did a soft reset and then it showed up on my programs tab again (has a new Icon as well).

Here is the link to the post that I got the working ICS and Wmodem fix form (this form post 290)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=290
Ah, I guess I misunderstood what this would do. I see the program higher up in the programs list. i was expecting it to be at the bottom since it was newly installed.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Mr. Chevy

Also has anyone gotten Rhodium keyboard controller to install on this rom correctly. When I install 1.32 or 1.4 it totally breaks all my hardware buttons. Nevermind i got it

Last edited by drewcam888; 01-11-2010 at 05:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2