PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:15 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a parking meter reminder for WM?

I like this stopwatch app called MyStopWatch. Simple, easy to use, has a few nice functions (including countdown timer). I attached a cab (it's Freeware - everyone's favorite!!)

EDIT: This is a really nice app. Has multiple timers (so, your meter expires in 1 hour, you can set reminders in 50min, 55min, and 1 hour), has a nice gui, different alarm sounds & vibrates...
Attached Files
File Type: cab MyStopWatch 2.0.cab (377.2 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 01-06-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is the funniest thread I have ever entered.......... But Hey, If he wants it... Awesome....lol
Old 01-06-2010, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

New Daddy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
There is an app for that, your brain. Use your memory. lol...
Well, to each his own.

You may have no better things to do with your brain than remember when the meter expires, but I usually have more important things that occupy my mind.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Daddy View Post
Well, to each his own.

You may have no better things to do with your brain than remember when the meter expires, but I usually have more important things that occupy my mind.
most people are having fun with this, but this is why i personally call the cryphone a joke. who would need that app when winmo has an alarm clock?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

New Daddy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
I would have to say I agree....lol
I'm strongly inclined to believe that you've never actually tried to set an alarm for this purpose. Have you?

In order to use the native WM alarm for this purpose, you'd have to (1) calculate what time the meter will expire - which could be cumbersome if you added to a non-expired meter and have something like 37 minutes to go, (2) set the day of the week for the alarm, including the current day of the week, and (3) a description of the alarm. If you mess up any of the three steps, it won't work. Now, trying to do these in front of a meter in the freezing cold winter is not fun. That's why i was looking for an app that could take care of it in five seconds.

Maybe I'll look into Spb Clock that some other folks have suggested, but it's still another app.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi
Carrier: Sprint

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

is it really that hard to add time nowadays?? all while remembering what day of the week it is??

im usually the one defending iphone/ipod but its just sad to see how reliant we are becoming on technology, its dumbing us down
Old 01-06-2010, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

New Daddy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
I like this stopwatch app called MyStopWatch. Simple, easy to use, has a few nice functions (including countdown timer). I attached a cab (it's Freeware - everyone's favorite!!)

EDIT: This is a really nice app. Has multiple timers (so, your meter expires in 1 hour, you can set reminders in 50min, 55min, and 1 hour), has a nice gui, different alarm sounds & vibrates...
Thanks!
I guess this is the closest to what I'm looking for.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

and yes that does look like a nice stopwatch/count down
Old 01-06-2010, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

New Daddy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
is it really that hard to add time nowadays?? all while remembering what day of the week it is??

im usually the one defending iphone/ipod but its just sad to see how reliant we are becoming on technology, its dumbing us down
It's not a matter of how hard.
It's more a matter of how quickly you want to get it over with a task as mundane as that when there are other more pressing, important matters that you have to take care.
If you have nagging kids who want to go inside ASAP, you'd appreciate saving 30 seconds that you have to spend setting up a not-so-user-friendly WinMo alarm.

Tell me, have you actually tried to set the WinMo alarm?
Do you use it on a regular basis?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

yes i use it everyday. its probably the simplest thing to do...ever.

actually im so good i can actually walk and set the alarm at the same time, getting indoors in the same amount of time it takes without setting an alarm

but seriously if its too complicated for you then that program he posted should suffice. set the countdown time and go
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2