PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 10:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who's getting Nexus One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2o302 View Post
If you look inside your TP2 from sprint it does have a sim card in there, so it can operate as a world phone.
only becasue its a world phone and its locked for local use unless unlock it like I did. But sprint is CDMA and u cant use a sprint sim card in a local phone wont get no service unless u go over seas.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can't believe these threads stay in here now.Did the mods up and leave the site? i mean it use to be run normal now it is like any other trash site where you can make posts about anything and it not get moved.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
You don't need to use your thumbs any more to enter text. Everything is voice enabled. Just talk and it appears and send your text message. Who needs a keyboard or onscreen keyboard any more.
If it works as well as Google Voice's transcription of voicemails, I think I'll still be needing those thumbs.

Edit: Doh, should have read all the way through the thread, WisdomWolfX said pretty much the same thing one page back. Oh well, great minds and such...

Last edited by animez; 01-06-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Sprint

inferno14u is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Well this sounds nice, but, if it's implemented anything like the transcription for google voice, I'd be afraid. Very afraid. Have you seen how some of the transcriptions end up even when the words are clear? Comical, really.
+1 And not to mention, I can understand voice command to open a program or call someone in my contact list, but if I'm going to use my voice to "write" a text, I might as well call them.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Well this sounds nice, but, if it's implemented anything like the transcription for google voice, I'd be afraid. Very afraid. Have you seen how some of the transcriptions end up even when the words are clear? Comical, really.
My brother-in-law has a Droid & I was playing with it recently.

The transcription works pretty well, but even so it doesn't work well enough to totally eliminate the need for a KB........

One of the reasons he bought the Droid was that it does have a hardware KB.

~John
Old 01-06-2010, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno14u View Post
if I'm going to use my voice to "write" a text, I might as well call them.
I agree with what you're saying 100%, but there are plenty of times I send my Son who is in College a text when I would not want to call him as I don't know if he is in class or not.

When he is off at school, we text all the time but I almost never call him (or I send him a text saying "call me when you get a minute").

~John
Old 01-07-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

sig updated.... way too good
Old 01-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

Well im a Nexus One owner as of tommorw..Will still keep my TP2 active, but i had to have a new toy..Win Mo no new apps, just getting boring around here....Everytime a new app comes out I get all excited to find out its for iphone and android...SO after hearing the specs i jumped on the wagon, but i will jump back off onto windows mobile if the dead starts walking again.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx View Post
Well im a Nexus One owner as of tommorw..Will still keep my TP2 active, but i had to have a new toy..Win Mo no new apps, just getting boring around here....Everytime a new app comes out I get all excited to find out its for iphone and android...SO after hearing the specs i jumped on the wagon, but i will jump back off onto windows mobile if the dead starts walking again.
Pardon my lack of research, but will the Nex1 work on your Sprint network? If not, I assume you have another carrier(?)...
Old 01-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallen3 View Post
Pardon my lack of research, but will the Nex1 work on your Sprint network? If not, I assume you have another carrier(?)...

http://www.google.com/phone Yes sir "mumbles Tmobile" But i will keep sprint as well, i will never leave sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2