PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 02:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Re: Who's getting Nexus One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
You don't need to use your thumbs any more to enter text. Everything is voice enabled. Just talk and it appears and send your text message. Who needs a keyboard or onscreen keyboard any more.
Well this sounds nice, but, if it's implemented anything like the transcription for google voice, I'd be afraid. Very afraid. Have you seen how some of the transcriptions end up even when the words are clear? Comical, really.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

n2o302 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to n2o302

So here is a question, if the TP2 uses a sim card for sprint and the nexus one is an open phone will pulling your sim card out and putting it in the nexus do you think it will work? Just a thought!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2o302 View Post
So here is a question, if the TP2 uses a sim card for sprint and the nexus one is an open phone will pulling your sim card out and putting it in the nexus do you think it will work? Just a thought!
Sprint is CDMA. That means no SIM card. Now Nextel has a SIM card. So do GSM devices. Verizon is like Sprint and does not have a SIM card.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

whetzel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Sprint is CDMA. That means no SIM card. Now Nextel has a SIM card. So do GSM devices. Verizon is like Sprint and does not have a SIM card.
My Verizon Touch Pro 2 came with a SIM card.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whetzel View Post
My Verizon Touch Pro 2 came with a SIM card.
That's so it can function as a "world phone" on foreign country's GSM networks. By default the radio is locked to not work on domestic GSM networks...but that's been "taken care of"...
Old 01-06-2010, 04:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, I have to agree with some of the first posts....it's just a pimped out Hero. Still no keyboard. What are these people thinking. Can you imagine how much more popular the iPhone would be with a physical keyboard? It would rule the world. I don't know why HTC insists on making these insanley robust and complicated phones without keyboards. Makes no sense to me. I'm gonna wait for the glorious day when HTC makes an Android phone with a keyboard.

No Nexus One for me...
Old 01-06-2010, 04:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
Well, I have to agree with some of the first posts....it's just a pimped out Hero. Still no keyboard. What are these people thinking. Can you imagine how much more popular the iPhone would be with a physical keyboard? It would rule the world. I don't know why HTC insists on making these insanley robust and complicated phones without keyboards. Makes no sense to me. I'm gonna wait for the glorious day when HTC makes an Android phone with a keyboard.

No Nexus One for me...
As much as I love a keyboard and want one, I have to say that I understand why devices with a keyboard are popular. It's not just about the thinness (which is sexy), but about a more solid phone with fewer moving parts. As much as I love my keyboard it always annoys me that it gets loose and then the whole top screen portion clicks against the keyboard and sometimes end up at a bit of an angle adding hard edges to an otherwise sleek device.

I don't like the idea of using the on screen keyboard all the time, but it's easier with a capacitive screen and I would love the feel of a more solid device. I still don't think that I could give up my keyboard, but I do understand the reasons for abandoning it.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:50 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

just like the hd2
Old 01-06-2010, 04:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i have a feeling i will have a winmo phone for a long time, unless winmo7 just epicly fails, but ive been waiting for an android device i could add to a 2nd line. whenn a 1ghz android phone comes out on sprint, i will be buying it. both platforms are so similar, there's good in both. It's like going out to buy a second car... chances are it's going to be a different make/model... doesn't mean one is bad.

anyone see the browser test video on engadget? painfully slow...
Old 01-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

n2o302 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to n2o302

Quote:
If you look inside your TP2 from sprint it does have a sim card in there, so it can operate as a world phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2