PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjosephc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fix for 2016 Issue

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to go in and manually change the date received on SMS messages? I sure would like to get my threading sorted out, even if it means editing them one by one. It's been a light texting day by my standards, so it might not be too bad.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
mightyrom 12.27.09 but will flash to 12.30.09 soon.
ive had this problem on my previous touch pro on mightyrom 6, got the silence/mighty rom and then i never had this issue. i keep hoping new builds fix my issue as well like nerodan, but no luck here as well. yeah if you want you can tell me all the registry edits and maybe what they do would be great.
I'm on War 12-30, but been using the same settings for a while. I'll CAB everything up tomorrow for you and explain as much as I can. Found most of them through 'G' and can't remember what they all do, but import something like 500, but that includes Owner and FB stuff too.

Z
Old 01-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
You might want to tell people that your cab only has the first registry value and not the second one posted.
They're both in there now.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjosephc View Post
Just out of curiosity, is there a way to go in and manually change the date received on SMS messages? I sure would like to get my threading sorted out, even if it means editing them one by one. It's been a light texting day by my standards, so it might not be too bad.
PIMBackup - disable binary. Open with 7-Zip, extract the file, open with a text editor or Excel, fix dates, put back into previous archive. Use PimBackup to restore text messages, deleting all previous.

Z
Old 01-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

This is a network issue, not a phone issue...Hense your Home Screen shows the right time. It is a network issue (Server side) that is causing this. Messing with the registry is just a workaround, not a fix. If anyone disagrees with me I wan't some facts. I have a Airave and I had a timestamp issue which was causing my recieved messages to be 1hr difference from what time it really was in Washington.

Multiple phones are having this issue...it's not just the Touch Pro 2....so the chances of it being hardware or OS releated is slim..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mjosephc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
PIMBackup - disable binary. Open with 7-Zip, extract the file, open with a text editor or Excel, fix dates, put back into previous archive. Use PimBackup to restore text messages, deleting all previous.
Got it. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
This is a network issue, not a phone issue...Hense your Home Screen shows the right time. It is a network issue (Server side) that is causing this. Messing with the registry is just a workaround, not a fix. If anyone disagrees with me I wan't some facts. I have a Airave and I had a timestamp issue which was causing my recieved messages to be 1hr difference from what time it really was in Washington.

Multiple phones are having this issue...it's not just the Touch Pro 2....so the chances of it being hardware or OS releated is slim..
i agree with you. im hopeing this gets fixed on there side soon. i kinda dont like this work around becasue of my bad service so the timestamps from when they are actually sent will be technically wrong.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post

Yes this is a workaround because your just changing the format of the timestamp is all. This will have to be fixed through the networks. There are Non-Windows phones that have reported this problem as well and seems some T-Mobile users are reporting not having the problem at all.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (CDMA)

DAN916 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Yes this is a workaround because your just changing the format of the timestamp is all. This will have to be fixed through the networks. There are Non-Windows phones that have reported this problem as well and seems some T-Mobile users are reporting not having the problem at all.
Once they fix it on there side... will we have to change the REG again??
Old 01-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN916 View Post
Once they fix it on there side... will we have to change the REG again??
if you want the time stamps to show when they were actually sent, yes

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2016 y2k