PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

fjdollars2008 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to fjdollars2008 Send a message via Yahoo to fjdollars2008
Re: Fix for 2016 Issue

So what would the carriers have to do to fix this? And how long do you guys think we will have to wait for them to fix it on their end? I don't want to do the registry edit...I like knowing when the text was actually sent
Old 01-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjdollars2008 View Post
So what would the carriers have to do to fix this? And how long do you guys think we will have to wait for them to fix it on their end? I don't want to do the registry edit...I like knowing when the text was actually sent
Then install the CAB I posted in the First Post, then uninstall it every other day or so to see if they fixed it. It's just a setting they have wrong in the server most likely.

If they actually had their servers setup correctly, maybe I wouldn't have been looking at that assembly code all day trying to fix the MMS issue.

Z
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (CDMA)

DAN916 is a n00b

So without this REG edit and this whole 1/16 problem... if you recived a text while ur phone was off, the time stamp would still show the actual time the MSG was sent and not the time your phone was turned back on? Because not even my old phone did that it would just show the messages recieved as they were all sent at the time I turned my phone back on.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: China Telecom

cnzqy1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN916 View Post
So without this REG edit and this whole 1/16 problem... if you recived a text while ur phone was off, the time stamp would still show the actual time the MSG was sent and not the time your phone was turned back on? Because not even my old phone did that it would just show the messages recieved as they were all sent at the time I turned my phone back on.
Yes, don't install this fix and the time should be the sent time.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (CDMA)

DAN916 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnzqy1 View Post
Yes, don't install this fix and the time should be the sent time.
Im just going to run Ziggys CAB for now, till they fix it. Seeing that 16 just irritates the hell out of me.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jmsnyc is a n00b
Re: Fix/Workaround for 2016 Issue

I tried the cab it said "installation unsuccessful" so I tried the manual regedit. I just want to confirm this is correct: under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS I create a new dword and in name I put RecvTimeStamp and decimal value 1 ???
Old 01-02-2010, 02:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo4G

fusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to fusion Send a message via MSN to fusion
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471
All,

Here's the fix for the 2016 bug, it's already been tested by Sci.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS]
"RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001

According to Scientific, "It works like a Champ"

EDIT: The other option for 2.5.1922 native HTC Messaging users -
Software\Jataayu\Messaging\SMS\UseSystemTimeAsRecv Time dword:1
Haven't tested this one, just found it earlier today.

EDIT2: Here's 2 screen shots.

EDIT3: Attached is a CAB with both keys in it.

Z
installed the cab from the OP, soft reset and its fixed! thanks!
By no means is it required, but if you appreciate my work feel free to buy me a beer
Old 01-02-2010, 02:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN916 View Post
with this fix it will show what time you turned the phone on as the time the text was received instead of the actual time the text was sent. if this problem isnt fixed by tomorrow i would advise everyone to call there cell provider so that they KNOW there is an issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsnyc View Post
I tried the cab it said "installation unsuccessful" so I tried the manual regedit. I just want to confirm this is correct: under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS I create a new dword and in name I put RecvTimeStamp and decimal value 1 ???
yes. be warned that any text received when the phone is off will show as received as the time the phone was turned on. so if you get 8 text during the night they will all show up as received at 900 if thats when you turn the phone on.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Just checked, and this is the SAME setting that VZW has in their stock ROM, you can check OEM\Rhodium\0409\OperatorPkg\85d93f55-898d-45d5-998d-221fc1f2fd8a.rgu. I also checked the Calkulin 1.3 and SSK 3.2 kitchens and they also have the same settings.

EDIT: It's also in PPCKitchen.org BuildOS, at least in the VZW Carrier rgu.

Z

Last edited by ziggy471; 01-02-2010 at 02:24 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2016 y2k