PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 01:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Screen Protector Ever !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
Stay away from Boxwave for the TP2! There's no denying their screen protectors are high quality, it's just the shape it has to be for the TP2 doesn't play nice with the rigidity of it. The two corners at the bottom start curling up within hours of application, sometimes minutes, trust me I have a couple screen protectors and a long string of e-mails to prove it!
I have had no problems whatever with the Boxwave.

I ordered a half dozen of them when they first came out & I am still using the first one.

~John
Old 01-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

I used to only use PPCTechs screen protectors, they are hands down the best stuff I ever used.

But this time, they have not made one for the TP2, so I was using the stock one, which after a few days just snagged on my pockets and became useless.

In the past I NEVER would use stuff from InvisibleShield for a SP, as a previous posted stated it is too soft and sticky, I hated it on a screen.

I use Ghost Armor now which is better then the IS I used before, and I had no choice but to use the screen protector portion of their kit.

I am amazed at how good the Ghost Armor is as a Screen Protector. It is smooth, clear, works very well with my fingers and stylus... I had no idea since IS was so poor, but this is great and comes with my highest recommendation. I was VERY surprised, as I thought it would be just a temporary SP, but now, I have no intention of changing it.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
isnt there a thread on this already?
Yes, so many I quit counting....
Old 01-01-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

vicko5000 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
... It is smooth, clear, works very well with my fingers and stylus... I had no idea since IS was so poor, but this is great and comes with my highest recommendation. I was VERY surprised, as I thought it would be just a temporary SP, but now....

it took me like 5 minutes to understand what you were saying here ..lol

either way Im using my TP2 w/o an "SP" for now since the TP1 held up so well without a screen protector but apparently the TP2 screen is not as durable and shows hairline scratches on it ... I ordered a Gadget Gear Screen protector on ebay for a a couple of bucks.. hopefully it will be good.. got 1 for $7 bucks shipped
Old 01-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

theur is a n00b

I have also had problems with my boxwave corners peeling up. Disappointingly considering how nice their screen protectors are.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswidner View Post
Ive noticed people asking weather to use or not, or what to use. Well ive used Invishield for over 5 years on ever phone ive had. Its coustome made for ur phone. No bolk, military garde stuff and under $26. Easy to instile and trust me if ur rough on phone like me its worth it, ive got it on my TP2. Check there web site out. zagg.com
I agree, but only 99%, not quite 100%.

The only part I disagree with is the installing it part. It's well worth it to pay the $10 and have them install it for you. If they install it for you, it has a lifetime guarantee. I'm pretty sure the actual shiled has a lifetime guanatee either way, but the actual install has a lifetime guarantee if they install it.

Pplus, it's only $10 to have a pro install it. These guys do it all day, every day, so there is no way you are going to do a better job than them. And you don;'have to actually do it, that's the biggest thing, lol.

But like he said, I have been using one on every phone for like 5 years too. Hands down the best shield out there. I have the full body shield on my Touch Pro 2, and I don't even use a case anymore. Just put the thing in my pocket. Pretty much the whole device has a lifetime guarantee against scratches, so why bother with a case?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

whetzel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyone View Post
I would recommend the body skin, but wouldn't recommend any of these skins for the screen itself. It's too tacky and will make scrolling hard and jumpy.
I agree with this 100%.

I've used Invisiblshields on many of my phones in the past, but as soon as I bought my Omnia (my first only touch screen phone) and applied the Invisibleshield I noticed that it was really hard to try to slide your finger on the screen.

I ended up buying the stock Verizon screen protector for it and never looked back.

I couldn't find a stock screen protector for my Touch Pro 2 when I first bought it so I just ended up buying one of the universal ones and cut it down to fit.

While the Invisibleshield protectors are great at protecting your phone, they're a PITA to use on touch screens.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

docprego is becoming a great contributor

I'm loving the SGP, here is my post with a mini review:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...85#post1454085
Old 01-02-2010, 04:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Apache XV6700, Ipaq 3700

CheTzu is a n00b

I have to share this story here. I got my Touch Pro 2 in a real cool leather book style case with nice pockets for business cards and memory cards off of ebay for under $15. For a screen guard I bought a few INSTEN LCD Screen Protectors because it claimed to protect your eyes and that you wouldnt be loosing much in terms of visual clarity. Others that claim to reduce glare or the one that turns your device into a mirror when the screen is off have cool features but they sacrifice clarity for those features.

Anyways, I had it standing upright because the leather book style case can help it stand. It fell no more than 8 inches from where it was standing: from the desktop to the keyboard, but in the process of falling those 8 inches, it had flipped and its screen smacked against the edge of the desk.

Lo and behold the INSTEN LCD Screen Protector was unscathed, clear, and perfectly fine. But the actual screen got cracked!

It works perfectly well, and when looking straight at it, the huge crack disappears, but none the less there is a huge crack on the WVGA screen.

I dont know if any screen guard could of protected my TP2 in that 8 inch fall, but I might go check that bodyguard one suggested by the previous post. I wonder if the bodyguard could of done a better job. I dont think a screen should be level with the front part of the device, unless its like bullet proof or something.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II X (Hercules)
Carrier: Telus

Touch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Touch_Pete Send a message via Skype™ to Touch_Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLogiK View Post
I tried Invishield and threw it in the thrash, it makes the stylus "stick" to the screen and even it was on the device for over a month it is not smooth. I like boxwave protectors much better.

I second this as it is my experience as well and I also use the boxwave and have tried most of the screen protectors out there and there is noting I could find to beat the boxwave ones.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2