PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   text messages from the future Y2KX issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104114)

ivwonka 01-01-2010 08:48 AM

Re: text messages from the future Y2KX issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by quick99si (Post 1452866)
When this is resolved, this will wreak havoc with threaded and classic message sorting.

Yep, I am sending and receiving sms just fine. But of course the threading is all jacked bc when I send it has correct date but the received date is 2016. Again this is only effecting received date. All other time settings appear to be correct on phone and everything else is working fine. tp2 mightyrom impact and I have not done any mms fixes or installed any different arcsoft cabs.

jmorton10 01-01-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quick99si (Post 1452866)
Same problem w/ both EnergyRom and Stock rom (friend's phone). It's likely a network-side issue, maybe having to do with hexadecimal vs decimal timestamp coding by Sprint.

It's not just Sprint, my Verizon phone is doing it too (NRG Dusk ROM)

~John

cnzqy1 01-01-2010 09:53 AM

Good news or maybe bad news, the same here in China, on China Telecom, seems to be a fault of HTC.

wickedjinx 01-01-2010 10:05 AM

I am from philippines and i am using SPRINT CDMA/GSM phone, i am on GLOBELINES telecom, my text messaging is OK, yes it is OK. everything reads fine, im using MM's war 3 rom and have the HTC messaging disabled.

evolv 01-01-2010 10:21 AM

I am also experiencing this issue. At first I thought it could be just messages coming from rogers users. I am on Telus network using Mighty War rom.

apaquette0069 01-01-2010 11:00 AM

happy new years guys!!! i have the same problem just noticed it when i seen this thread. lol thats some funny stuff

jahruh 01-01-2010 11:04 AM

I am really late but I am running Mighty rom War on sprint and i have the same issue, but i didn't know until i read this thread and looked @ the date on my phone WoW

evolv 01-01-2010 11:25 AM

looks like this is a bigger issue than just our smart phones.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...highlight=2016

DarkManX4lf 01-01-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolv (Post 1452975)
looks like this is a bigger issue than just our smart phones.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...highlight=2016

This look like a huge problem...but an easy fix.

darklyte27 01-01-2010 11:41 AM

I saw it too at 12:10AM

karate134 01-01-2010 11:55 AM

I have similiar issues, except in the WinMo Text Thread, it just shows 1/1 with no date. On the TouchFlo tab it does show 2016.
But all my texts are coming in out of order and doesn't show a timestamp. Weird ain't it?

Dorenda 01-01-2010 12:03 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I woke up with the same issue this morning & the 1st thing I thought to do was check ppcgeeks to see if anyone else was having the same issue. Glad I'm not alone!

WhiteBlazer01 01-01-2010 12:07 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢
Quote:

Originally Posted by num5kull27 (Post 1452739)
End of the world in 2012 my ass!

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1452713)
Now if someone can send me lottery numbers from the future then i will be set.

Those were my EXACT first 2 thoughts! HAHAHA! GET OUT OF MY HEADDDDDDDDD :laughing3:

But yes, I'm experiencing the same thing on MightyROM (Sprint)

HAHAHA, me too!! That was my first thought! Lol

drizzo91 01-01-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechnoBoy (Post 1452755)
Im running Mighty Rom Love, Sprint. Im having the same issue. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have noticed thought lol.

you would have eventually, if you sort your texts by "date received", they get all mixed up. texts you send automatically go below all your incoming texts. PAINFUL

OR78 01-01-2010 12:09 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorenda
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I woke up with the same issue this morning & the 1st thing I thought to do was check ppcgeeks to see if anyone else was having the same issue. Glad I'm not alone!

lol I said the exact same thing in another thread. Enjoy your weekend guys. Our great chefs will fix it but they got lives too. Let em enjoy their weekend.

SolApathy 01-01-2010 12:14 PM

BOth of my TP2's and my TP have the problem. It has to be a WinMo issue. That isn' t stopping me from complaining to Sprint for carrying a phone with a serious defect lol. I'm going to give them a lot of guff this morning so they can yell at HTC.

wickedjinx 01-01-2010 12:15 PM

i dont think its a rom issue.. i am using MM's war 3 rom and everything is ok with me. no 2016 year, all 01/01/2010, i reside in the philippines. and i bought my phone in the us, using sprint CDMA/GSM phone.

Adrianh85 01-01-2010 12:18 PM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

i wonder what txtes we going to get in 2012 then

Kezzerxir 01-01-2010 12:25 PM

I noticed this also last night. I was running Mighty-Rom Sense 2.1 12/19/2009. I flashed over to 12/30 this morning and having the same issue.

subzero1313 01-01-2010 12:33 PM

I got the same thing on Mightys Sense ROM. My coworker has a Snap, but everything is fine. SO maybe a WinMo Professional issue?

wstaylor 01-01-2010 12:43 PM

This seems to be an issue only in the Shell SMS Viewers on Windows Mobile Phones. Windows Mobile Messaging viewers are displaying the correct date because their format is m/d where the after market SMS threaded viewers are using the date format m/d/yy and that is where the issue is - either Microsoft is passing a bad variable to the SMS viewer or the SMS viewers themselves are sending bad display data.

Either way this is affecting Windows Mobile Phones across all carriers - appears to be only with SMS viewers that are non-native to Windows Mobile and is not localized to just the United States.

I have a Mighty ROM TP2, a Stock ROM Mogul with SPB Shell and both of those phones are being affected by the issue. I have an HTC Hero with Android that has no such issue.

Check your Windows Mobile native SMS viewer and see if the issue appears. I believe this is only with 3rd party SMS Viewers.

subzero1313 01-01-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstaylor (Post 1453080)
This seems to be an issue only in the Shell SMS Viewers on Windows Mobile Phones. Windows Mobile Messaging viewers are displaying the correct date because their format is m/d where the after market SMS threaded viewers are using the date format m/d/yy and that is where the issue is - either Microsoft is passing a bad variable to the SMS viewer or the SMS viewers themselves are sending bad display data.

Either way this is affecting Windows Mobile Phones across all carriers - appears to be only with SMS viewers that are non-native to Windows Mobile and is not localized to just the United States.

I have a Mighty ROM TP2, a Stock ROM Mogul with SPB Shell and both of those phones are being affected by the issue. I have an HTC Hero with Android that has no such issue.

Check your Windows Mobile native SMS viewer and see if the issue appears. I believe this is only with 3rd party SMS Viewers.

Not entirely sure what you mean, but I see tghe issue when I use the HTC message view(tap the message when on your message tab) and when I use Titanium, it just uses the WM message client. SOmeone posted a pic of it in this thread

inaniloquous 01-01-2010 12:56 PM

Same problem, wouldn't mind it as much if it didn't disorganize everything.

XGuard04 01-01-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstaylor (Post 1453080)

I cannot confirm what you said about the native message viewer. The Windows messaging on my phone also displays the incorrect date 1/1/16 on top of TF3D. I do agree with you however that this is a Win Mo issue since this appears across different carriers, different brands (HTC, LG from what I've seen), and non windows mobile phones do not seem to be experiencing this issue.

This doesn't sound good for us Sprint TP2 users since this resolution will probably get bundled into the WM6.5 release which could delay it even more...

mr_musiq07 01-01-2010 01:04 PM

Happy 2016!!! Here's a reg edit to fix this issue: HKLM/SOFTWARE/FUTURE TEXTS/AM I DRUNK/OH WELL HAPPY NEW YEAR WHATEVER YEAR IT IS set value to 2010 LOL

wstaylor 01-01-2010 01:13 PM

It is strange that the organization of the native Windows Messaging viewer is in order because it is relying on the date format d/m - so in the threaded messaging viewer in Windows Mobile it shows:

USER 1/1:
Happy New Year!
ME 12:01am:
You too!
USER 1/1:
My Windows Mobile Phone is FUBAR
ME 12:03am:
Mine is too!!!

But in the HTC Touch Flow Viewer it is showing in this format:
ME 12:01am:
You too!
ME 12:03am:
Mine is too!!!
USER 1/1/16:
Happy New Year!
USER 1/1/16:
My Windows Mobile Phone is FUBAR

So, my post earlier was premature - the organization of the threaded messages does not appear to rely on the year in Windows Mobile Messaging - but it does in the 3rd party Messaging Viewer.

This is INDEED a Microsoft issue.

jloden78 01-01-2010 01:14 PM

same, Sprint, Stock ROM, TP2

mharvey 01-01-2010 01:21 PM

Same here. Sprint TP2 with stock ROM.

letsgoflyers81 01-01-2010 01:27 PM

My wife and I are both having the problem on our Sprint Touch Pro 2s. Mine has the latest EnergyROM Leo and hers is stock.

1999TL 01-01-2010 01:32 PM

I'll just add I checked my brother's Sprint stock rom and he's having the same problem.

mcmi11ions 01-01-2010 01:47 PM

lol. I just called verizon to see if they had received notice or other reports of people complaining about this (i know it isn't carrier specific, but i can dream that the device manufacturers send notice of problems to the carriers) and not only did i get the "no i'm sorry sir, we have heard nothing about this problem" i was also told that "it could be because we are in the northeast and it hasn't hit us yet" after i told her this problem has been reported world wide and also asked me if i had any other problems with my driod eris after i said "Windows Mobile devices" about 40 times in the course of the call...

sigh...

I'm just gonna use my friends here at ppc geeks for any tech support problems I have, k?

also, google searching hasn't found a fix yet.

HTCotta 01-01-2010 01:50 PM

This suuuucks, calling no2chem? Haha i was laying in my bed this morning when i noticed it (too drunk last night to either notice or care) and I was just thinking, I'm gonna go on PPCGeeks and this will be on the front page, i hope it's easy to fix. Now I'm bummed.

Lilhgarcia 01-01-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miguel11691 (Post 1452743)
LMAO that is one for the books lol...

Lol

Same problem but I wouldn't mind having all my messages say its from 2016

MinLo 01-01-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1453063)
I got the same thing on Mightys Sense ROM. My coworker has a Snap, but everything is fine. SO maybe a WinMo Professional issue?

Are you sure your friends Snap is fine?
My girlfriend's Snap is showing the issue....

In her messaging it just showing the date and month....
Normally the time would show from recieved and sent messages until the day passes then show the date and month....

All of her recieved messages show 1/01 but her sent messages show sent time....

kcrlshell 01-01-2010 02:11 PM

Having the same problem as everyone else. I don't care for the threaded messaging anyway. There is a .cab that disables threaded sms that I found at xda-developers called sms_mode_V31.cab (I cannot post links yet) that I'm thinking of trying. Obviously won't fix the 2016 thing, but at least it would make the out of order convo problem moot.

grimor 01-01-2010 02:20 PM

instead of Y2kX (2010) wouldn't it be better to call it the Y2KXVI (2016) issue? if it was saying 2010 it wouldn't really be an issue would it?

or maybe MMXVI Issue

or how about the Y2K4^2 issue?

curses 01-01-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_musiq07 (Post 1453106)
Happy 2016!!! Here's a reg edit to fix this issue: HKLM/SOFTWARE/FUTURE TEXTS/AM I DRUNK/OH WELL HAPPY NEW YEAR WHATEVER YEAR IT IS set value to 2010 LOL

Hey I can't seem to find this reg entry.

Wait a min...

I see what you did there! :laughing6:

subzero1313 01-01-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinLo (Post 1453239)
Are you sure your friends Snap is fine?
My girlfriend's Snap is showing the issue....

In her messaging it just showing the date and month....
Normally the time would show from recieved and sent messages until the day passes then show the date and month....

All of her recieved messages show 1/01 but her sent messages show sent time....

You are correct. Hes a biz of a spaz and didn't realize the change. Yeah its just showing 1/1 on his messages

vicko5000 01-01-2010 02:55 PM

So no one has figured out a fix for this problem?

Im on MightyRom 12/30 and all my texts show 2016..
i guess were waiting for an official fix?

Happy new year all!

pastert33 01-01-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicko5000 (Post 1453334)
So no one has figured out a fix for this problem?

Im on MightyRom 12/30 and all my texts show 2016..
i guess were waiting for an official fix?

Happy new year all!

No fix as of yet