PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Re: Swype keyboard issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrlshell View Post
Okay...I will beg your forgiveness in advance if I'm completely insulting your intelligence, but you say you are enabling swype from the settings (by which I assume you mean going to "settings->all settings->personal->input)....are you selecting the swype keyboard from the little arrow popup of available input options on the taskbar while in the program where you actually intend to type something? I have to do that every time I soft reset or turn off the phone. It defaults to the WM keyboard every time.
Um, no.

Everytime I select Swype from either the Settings menu, or the quick SIP change menu (the up arrow), it just reloads whatever keyboard is there. I've never successfully been able to get Swype to load. It's there in the menu to choose it. When I go to the Settings > Personal > Input, I can select it, look at the options etc, but when I select it and go to type something it goes back to whatever keyboard I had previously.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kcrlshell is a n00b

Well, it does seem to be a bit erratic in some way. Often, the SIP change menu (thanks for that) will "fail" the first time I open it up - it collapses again before I can make a selection. However, the second attempt to open it always works. And as I mentioned before, the keyboard now defaults to that wee little WM keyboard after every reset. Before installing Swype the default was the HTC touch keyboard at all times. I am using tf3d - have never used a different ROM. I realize none of this helps you or the OP fix it, I'm merely adding anecdotal info on how the swype cab is working in general.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrlshell View Post
Well, it does seem to be a bit erratic in some way. Often, the SIP change menu (thanks for that) will "fail" the first time I open it up - it collapses again before I can make a selection. However, the second attempt to open it always works. And as I mentioned before, the keyboard now defaults to that wee little WM keyboard after every reset. Before installing Swype the default was the HTC touch keyboard at all times. I am using tf3d - have never used a different ROM. I realize none of this helps you or the OP fix it, I'm merely adding anecdotal info on how the swype cab is working in general.
Get SIPChange, it'll auto-select Swipe as the keyboard after every boot. Might help you out.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

slvrdrgn123 is becoming a great contributor

I'm on Juicy ROM and Swype works great for me. I used SKTools to set it as default and it stays after soft reset. I also had the problem where it doesn't change after selecting it in the settings, but after setting it to default with SKTools it's fine.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I couldn't get it to work at all with Juicy (that's one reason I don't run Juicy's ROM anymore). I had a few other problems too (ringer issue etc), but since I swapped out to the NRG Dusk ROM everything works perfectly.

~John
Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kpazzo6 is just getting started

1. Start>Settings>Input and click the drop down box and select swype keyboard (assuming you have it installed completely)

2. When you are in a text click the keybaord at the bottom of the screen in the center, you will see an triangle appear beside it. Click that triangle and you will also see the list of your keyboards.

If you don't have these options you must not have it installed completely.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
keyboard, swype, touch