PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Who plans to go HD2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103702)

BlackDynamite 02-05-2010 02:55 PM

Re: Who plans to go HD2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1543744)
i have to ask this same question? anybody who is happy with the functionality of winmo 6 is a dinosaur. people believe winmo 7 is just some random thing that winmo decided to do, WRONG winmo 7 is coming because it is a necessity for windows or it will fall off and die.

That doesn't make any sense at all. So because gogole is already working on the next update does that mean Android is garbage right now?

p-slim 02-05-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDawg (Post 1543764)
That doesn't make any sense at all. So because gogole is already working on the next update does that mean Android is garbage right now?

why is salty the only person who doesn't believe winmo is a dying os until winmo 7 comes. android 2.1 is alive and kicking with no qualms. whatever comes from android 3.0 is going to be something new i haven't thought of. winmo 7 is only playing catch up to iphone and android. Do you not realize the iphone webbrowsing is better the tp2 as well. the iphone would be better then winmo but it just lacks key features like expandable and so forth that make it not an everyday phone, but the functionality of the iphone is much advanced. do you not realize the iphone changed the game? android is the cross between iphone and winmo and since the iphone, winmo os hasn't changed very much. why is it only the people in this thread that don't see this.

Young_breedent 02-05-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDawg (Post 1543759)
Of course. Sure they could make it better, nothing is ever perfect. But I can't complain either. If it was faster, it would be better. But the functionality is there. It has more functionality than any other OS on the market.

Obviously they can make it better, every operationg system out right now can be better. But they act like WM is terrible and doesn't have funtionality. Who do they think the iPhone and andriod got the base for there OS from????

BlackDynamite 02-05-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1543772)
why is salty the only person who doesn't believe winmo is a dying os until winmo 7 comes. android 2.1 is alive and kicking with no qualms. whatever comes from android 3.0 is going to be something new i haven't thought of. winmo 7 is only playing catch up to iphone and android. Do you not realize the iphone webbrowsing is better the tp2 as well. the iphone would be better then winmo but it just lacks key features like expandable and so forth that make it not an everyday phone, but the functionality of the iphone is much advanced. do you not realize the iphone changed the game? android is the cross between iphone and winmo and since the iphone, winmo os hasn't changed very much. why is it only the people in this thread that don't see this.

#1: It's not "only" me who doesn't think Winmo is dead. Are you paying attention? NOBODY thinks Winmo is dead except for you, the other guy with a Nexus, and the iPhone fanboy. Everyone else thinks you guys are idiots.

#2: Whatever comes from winmo 7 will also be something new that you haven't thought of. Winmo already does everything Android does- and plenty more. Can you name one single thing Android does that Winmo doesn't? I have already named a few things Winmo does that Android does not. So you're up in the night if you think winmo is the one playing catch up. Winmo probably needs an update to the interface, but the core OS is just fine.

#3: You're out of your mind if you think browsing on the iPhone is better than on winmo. I already posted some links on that a few pages ago.

#4: You're out of your mind if you think the iPhone OS is better than winmo. We're talking about a phone that just barely got copy and paste and MMS (and the MMS doesn't even work yet) for crying out loud.

Once again- we have pslim acting like his opinion is a fact, and acting like everyone else shares his opinion.

And don't even bother to bring up sales numbers because Winmo is killing Android in sales.

p-slim 02-05-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 1543847)
Obviously they can make it better, every operationg system out right now can be better. But they act like WM is terrible and doesn't have funtionality. Who do they think the iPhone and andriod got the base for there OS from????

thats fine, but thats also my point. I said winmo NEEDS to make a change, and they're doing that with winmo 7. Don't you realize the whole argument is about 6.5 and it being out of date compared to iphone os and android os. It sounds like you agree with me. im not bagging on winmo, i'm bagging on salty for saying winmo 6.5 doesn't need a change.

BlackDynamite 02-05-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1543863)
thats fine, but thats also my point. I said winmo NEEDS to make a change, and they're doing that with winmo 7. Don't you realize the whole argument is about 6.5 and it being out of date compared to iphone os and android os. It sounds like you agree with me. im not bagging on winmo, i'm bagging on salty for saying winmo 6.5 doesn't need a change.

It doesn't need a change. It just needs smarter users. Again, you can't name one single thing that you can do on an Android phone that a winmo phone can't also do. I can name several things winmo phones can do that Android phones can't. So think about that before you go saying winmo is out of date. It does not NEED to make a change.

p-slim 02-05-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDawg (Post 1543871)
It doesn't need a change. It just needs smarter users. Again, you can't name one single thing that you can do on an Android phone that a winmo phone can't also do. I can name several things winmo phones can do that Android phones can't. So think about that before you go saying winmo is out of date. It does not NEED to make a change.

HA HA, do you hear yourself, smarter users, lol. like i said for the umpttth time. i never said you can do more but you can do everything easier and it looks better.

Do you think all the developers just stopped with winmo for no reason? why do you think there is no pandora app? why do you think there isn't an nba gametime app? why? and why is it going to start when winmo 7 comes. why? open your eyes man.

p-slim 02-05-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDawg (Post 1543871)
It doesn't need a change. It just needs smarter users...

it needs smarter users then me? if thats what windows requires to survive they are dead. Is anybody else reading this?

quote of the day:

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

brownhornet 02-05-2010 04:15 PM

lol I dont even get why you keep arguing with him... unless you're at work bored like I am lol

BlackDynamite 02-05-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1543921)
HA HA, do you hear yourself, smarter users, lol. like i said for the umpttth time. i never said you can do more but you can do everything easier and it looks better.

Do you think all the developers just stopped with winmo for no reason? why do you think there is no pandora app? why do you think there isn't an nba gametime app? why? and why is it going to start when winmo 7 comes. why? open your eyes man.

So again, you are describing the interface. Ye, we get it, you think Android has a better interface than Winmo. That doesn't mean winmo is dead, lol/

As for the developers- they didn't abandon winmo, lol. There are plenty of apps for winmo, and most of the new apps come to winmo. There are a few here and there that don't, just like there are apps that don't make it to Android (skyfire, slingplayer as of right now).

Once the sdk is released for winmo 7, you will see tons of apps. But if there is a new version being released in a few monbths and the sdk isn't even released yet, of course developers will be slow to release stuff that might not even work ina few months.