PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 03:18 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What do you HATE about the TP2??

After a week now with my tp2 I've got FAR more praise for it than criticism but these things irk me:

I do miss the dpad from the diamond... the zoom bar is useless to me.

auto-complete when using the physical kb seemingly works when it wants to and I can't figure out the 'magic' setup to keep it on AT ALL TIMES

No access to the soft reset button... i want to mod it but not until i know i can get it PERFECT on the first try. I'd only be more pissed if I attempted and messed up the case without the desired end result lol

lack of flash for camera

and that's about it for now... i've adjusted to most other things about it and can still easily say it's the best made device I've ever owned HANDS DOWN and I'm now 4th generation HTC: apache>mogul>diamond>tp2

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-22-2010, 03:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 w/Mighty ROM
Carrier: Verizon

KaliKilla is becoming a great contributor

I hate my TP2 because of the endless customization possibilities. I continue to tweek on this damn phone as if I were on the most potent CRACK on the market. I recently did the Android download to the SD Card. I need some more CRACK.
My Favorite Toy:
Stag Model 1 AR15 =====
Old 01-22-2010, 05:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro, diamond, touch pro2, bb 9650
Carrier: sprint

CnDm111 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliKilla View Post
I hate my TP2 because of the endless customization possibilities. I continue to tweek on this damn phone as if I were on the most potent CRACK on the market. I recently did the Android download to the SD Card. I need some more CRACK.
haha i agree with this hate
Old 01-22-2010, 05:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I hate that this thing does not come with a Capacitive touch screen from the get go. Everything else is fine but they should have known that carrying over the resistive technology was a loosing battle.

Finally now they have an official HTC capacitive stylus. Best of both worlds!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Uganda Telecom Ltd

dodo2244 is a n00b

The TP2 is my first WinMo device. I hate that when I'm browsing contacts, I can't just call the current one simply by hitting the dial key. Doing so takes me back to call history ( Also not being able to sort my music genres by folder and having a separate playlist for each folder. Otherwise this fon rocks!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
I hate that this thing does not come with a Capacitive touch screen from the get go. Everything else is fine but they should have known that carrying over the resistive technology was a loosing battle.

Finally now they have an official HTC capacitive stylus. Best of both worlds!
im glad its not capactive!! for one they are bigger battery hogs than what we have, not as accurate, and i use my nail to control my phone!! there is muti touch for our phones but its not stable yet!!

Old 01-22-2010, 09:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: E-Plus

blowy666 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo2244 View Post
The TP2 is my first WinMo device. I hate that when I'm browsing contacts, I can't just call the current one simply by hitting the dial key. Doing so takes me back to call history ( Also not being able to sort my music genres by folder and having a separate playlist for each folder. Otherwise this fon rocks!

Hey, try out "PocketPlayer"!
It gives you a menu entry that calls "Play folder"...!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
The only thing I hate on this phone is the mentioned lack of a soft reset hole.
there is a program in the windows marketplace called reboot. its an app that lets you softreset your phone

here is windows market place if you dont have it.

Marketplacebootstrap.cab

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 01-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i hate how the speakerphone doesnt always activate when the phone is place on its face like its supposed to! One minute its working great the next its not working at all.
Also when you are using the messaging in TF it doesn't sort the conversation correctly. It puts all your responses together and the other persons respondses together. It doesnt sort it like a conversation should be sorted. Oh and the camera thing is aggravating as well.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
im glad its not capactive!! for one they are bigger battery hogs than what we have, not as accurate, and i use my nail to control my phone!! there is muti touch for our phones but its not stable yet!!
um wrong thread there buddy !! hahah

its the, "What do you Hate about the TP2" thread not the, "Hey what do I like on the TP2 that others might not like in a, "What do you HATE about the TP2??" thread

lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2