PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Re: Touch Pro 2 and PS3??

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Well, because of the bluetooth issue, maybe someone will work on a wifi solution(net access remote), like this one for Xbox Media Center. This same concept should work, though it would take some redevelopment to get it going. Sorry I posted about what was mentioned already. Maybe I should not allow myself to post anything after I had a few. LOL!

Since there wasn't a good interface for PDA, PPC or Smartphone, I've created one. Watch the video demonstration!

Some screenshots:

More screenshots...

You can use it on a server within your network or a standalone XBMC media center. You have to use PHP 5.2, this because the XBMC HTTP API isn't safe to use outside your lan, this script is protecting the XBMC Database.

Goal:
To control your XBMC over the internet by PC, PPC, PDA and Smartphone.

This release will only give a smartphone interface that works on Opera 9.5, Safari and newer nokia devices. You can download opera 9.5 legally since it is in beta.

Version Info:
Version 0.4
* Improved/redesigned all interfaces
* PC Interface **
* Minor fixes

** You have to enable the experimental setting in config.php (remove the // on line 11), it's far from complete.

Version 0.3.1
* Improved rotate function (for "touch" feature)
* Fixed indexing bug
* Minor fixes

Version 0.3
New in this version is to control your XBMC like it is your XBMC (you will see the same on your mobile as you will see on your screen) and you can control it using your touchscreen!

Version 0.2
Support for Wake On Lan (XBMC Live and Windows)
Support for shutdown

Version 0.1
Initial release

It supports:
- Touch, unique feauture to control your XBMC with the touchscreen of your mobile
- Album art
- Season art
- Tv show art
- Artist art
- You can control more than one XBMC from the server (so if you have a media server, you can run it from there)
- shutdown by remote
- wake on lan
- see what's playing (screenshot)

What isn't finished:
- Auto select theme
- Playlist management (in audio => playlist)

Download
Have fun using it! (Don't forget to read the README.txt!)
I'm searching developers, to continue and speed up the development

1. Requirements
- What you need before you can unzip XBMC HTTP-R

You will see the following requirements:
- Webserver (apache)
- PHP 5.2
- GD Lib

2. Installation of Apache and PHP and GD Lib
- In this section you will install 3 of the 3 requirements before unzipping XBMC HTTP-R (you don't have to configure Apache or PHP, it's all done by XAMPP).

So we take the requirements and mark what is done:
- Webserver (apache) [done]
- PHP 5.2 [done]
- GD Lib [done]

Well... All the requirements are done, so lets continue:

3. Install XBMC HTTP-R

I guess this is the hardest part of it all... you will need to find your htdocs, which can be located everywhere, but probably will be in c:\Xampp ?\htdocs
or
c:\program files\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs
or even
c:\program files\xampp\

but Windows developed a tool for this, called "Search". It's a very powerfull tool which can find almost everything on your harddisk... So if you can't find any of the above folders, search by using "Search" in windows.

Then you will have to create a new folder, you can do this by clicking on your right mouse button and select: new -> folder. Now give it a name like "xbmc".

Last but not least you will have to extract the zip folder to the created folder... and check if http://localhost/ works.
Well that may be a bit off-topic it is still amazing. I LOVE XBMC. I've been using it since way back when it was just an open-source fork off of XBMP with an absolutetly terrible GUI. It has evolved leaps and bounds since then and never ceases to amaze me with new features.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor

so is there a free solution to use the TP2 keyboard as a bluetooth keyboard for the PS3?
Old 01-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

I'm just curious as to why people ask for a free app when they paid hundreds of dollars for a phone. I don't get it.

Give some
Old 01-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
I'm just curious as to why people ask for a free app when they paid hundreds of dollars for a phone. I don't get it.
That's exactly why people would ask. I have 170 cabs installed. All didn't cost a thing.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

thedoc is keeping up the good workthedoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
That's exactly why people would ask. I have 170 cabs installed. All didn't cost a thing.
170 cabs "installed" dam!

but year all the app can be found if you only know where to look for it
Old 01-04-2010, 03:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is a great idea for WM7. Microsoft should make WM7 devices somehow able to work as Xbox 360 controllers and remotes.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If a software solution is never found the regular PS3 remote is really nice. Worth the $20 or so. I've owned one since the PS3 was launched.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch

roz1 is just getting started

I had the same question and came up with the same findings. Other than mobile remote (which doesn't work with our BT stack), there isn't any solution for the TP2. For myself, I wasn't interested in using it as a remote (I already have a $20 nyko IR adapter and a universal remote), but I wanted to use it for text entry. Instead, I went out and bought a cheap wireless keyboard.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: BOOST CDMA

sp1kez is a n00b

Anyone know of any romw ith the MS bluetooth stack? I really want to use my phone as a bluetooth keyboard

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2