PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & MS 3.5
Carrier: Sprint

SKS06460 is keeping up the good workSKS06460 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is it worth tweaking your phone?

My opinion, and by the way, I expect to be thoroughly trashed is this:
Tweaking is mostly for people who like.......tweaking. It seems to be kind of a hoby with folks.
I've used the TouchPro cleanup cab in the stickies. A very excellent amalgam of useful tweaks. I've added two other registry changes. First the one to disable the auto deploy of the virtual keyboard, and the other is to allow synching the phone with multiple computers.
I'm not even sure I'm going to upgrade to WM 6.5
Old 12-21-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vicko5000 is just getting started

I have been on stock since i got the phone in late november and went back to stock after trying some custom roms but i just tried Mighty Mikes 12/19/09 release and it works very well.. not a single glitch in sight..

however i do agree with those saying that tweaking is kind of a hobby and it can be very time consuming.. i know when im flashing, it usually means im procrastinating...
we are very lucky that the stock roms run so well . With the touch pro 1, the custom roms were necessary to have the phone run at an acceptable level.

Now with the TP2 i think its more about getting all the new eye candy.. honestly, i dont see too many benefits to custom roms short of the weather under the clock and weather animations which is just fluff, though very pretty

I say try the custom roms if you want to fool around with your phone and have fun with it, but if you just want it to be as functional as possible, no need for roms.. just look up the tweaks and cabs that you may need
Old 12-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicko5000 View Post
Now with the TP2 i think its more about getting all the new eye candy.. honestly, i dont see too many benefits to custom roms short of the weather under the clock and weather animations which is just fluff, though very pretty
I agree completely. It seems to me that people are customizing their ROMs just to have those extra shortcuts and weather on the home tab. Is it really worth all the trouble? I don't check the weather every day and I have it on my Windows 7 toolbar AND on my Logitech G15 LCD. And then is it really a great advantage to have shortcuts on the home tab rather than just swiping twice?

I don't knock anyone that has customized their ROMs. But something hints at not taking your phone seriously when you flash it. It's a $300 purchase for most. If you want to risk bricking $300, that's fine, but it's not really a smart investment. I feel, if I pay that much for a phone, it better last 2+ years. But I may be alone in that feeling.

Last edited by rorytmeadows; 12-21-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:44 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

to each his own i guess. me, i like flashing roms. having a newer os is one of the things i look for most.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2