PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 02:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Good ol Sprint has 4G now

mrheineken08 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who wants a BARE WM6.1 ROM? Maybe WM6.5

erice already made one if im not mistaken
Old 12-17-2009, 02:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

sweet jesus this is what i have wanted. i was gonna revert back to stock rom 6.1. i have cooked many 6.5 roms but i am not a pro at this and do not know exactly what can be removed. i am stuck at booting around 50% mem. i had gotten 6.1 down to mid 20's.

so YES, i would love a bare bones rom! i'd jump on a 6.1, but personally i prefer 6.5

however the only reason i like 6.5 is due to the menus actually being somewhat more finger friendly and at the least easier on the eyes. so if the 6.5 rom will come with the basic menu features (preferably the scroll bar and menu selection pop-up enhancements over 6.1) then by all means i'd prefer a 6.5 bare bones rom

thanks in advance. and i'd be more than willing to test...
Old 12-17-2009, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work

I'm interested. I have been looking for one but not seeing yet.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maan76 View Post
6.1 is fast 6.5 is like a turtle compared to 6.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maan76 View Post
6.1 is blazing fast , 6.5 is turtle slow
Was it really necessary to post these one after another?

From what I've seen, 6.5, when properly configured, can be faster than 6.1 due to better memory handling. 6.5.3 runs even faster at times, but it hiccups more due to it still being in development.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:01 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Well, i've removed practically every single third party (HTC) app including the services and everything else related to HTC.

Booting up, it's as if you just formatted a Dell computer with a retail copy of Windows.

Now it's time to find out how many of them need to be cooked in vs can be installed via cabs. ROM size is 54 MB.

Total Memory: 376.09 MB
In Use: 7.16 MB
Free Memory: 368.92

Total RAM: 199.30 MB
In Use: 45.54 MB
Free: 153.76
Old 12-17-2009, 03:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

so will we just run a carrier provisioning cab to set it up
Old 12-17-2009, 03:39 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Threadstarter

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
so will we just run a carrier provisioning cab to set it up
More or less.
It'll be something categorized like:
-Important (The most basic of apps would go in here although i've decided not to mess with that stuff, too many variables for error, and the average joe won't care about stuff like Clear Storage, DataRoamGuard, etc. but it did boot up fine with all of them gone.)
-Functionality (stuff like the htc album, youtube, etc)
-Cosmetic (manila, menu, volume, and notification enhancements, etc)

Last edited by freeza; 12-17-2009 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

fjgotgame24 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
More or less.
It'll be something categorized like:
-Important (The most basic of apps would go in here although i've decided not to mess with that stuff, too many variables for error, and the average joe won't care about stuff like Clear Storage, DataRoamGuard, etc. but it did boot up fine with all of them gone.)
-Functionality (stuff like the htc album, youtube, etc)
-Cosmetic (manila, menu, volume, and notification enhancements, etc)
Wen can we expect a release? Also, what do u mean the avg joe wont care about clear storage? I mean, isnt it recommended to clear storage ur phone after flash? Another also...lol I need remove program, comm manager, internet sharing, and wi-fi sharing...are those coming in as cabs as well or already on the rom? One last question, so its a titanium rom rite? since its just like default?
Old 12-17-2009, 10:42 AM
pro_b

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Hey freeza. Kudos to your work. Question. I'm trying to do the same thing using 6.1 (my own learning) but I cannot adjust the timeout settings for power/backlight. I don't think I removed anything necessary besides manila. Can you offer any input. I get the Power icon but when I click into it, the boxes to adjust those settings are missing.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjgotgame24 View Post
Wen can we expect a release? Also, what do u mean the avg joe wont care about clear storage? I mean, isnt it recommended to clear storage ur phone after flash? Another also...lol I need remove program, comm manager, internet sharing, and wi-fi sharing...are those coming in as cabs as well or already on the rom? One last question, so its a titanium rom rite? since its just like default?
What I meant by that was i'm not going to bother removing any of the nitty gritty things like clear storage, etc.. and changing them into installable cabs because the average flasher won't care about them, since they're such a basic part of the OS they might as well be left in.

However, all the big name programs have been removed and cabbed up for your installing pleasure. I've been literally over every single folder in this kitchen trying to learn the ins and outs of how this process all works and I wanna say that I am quite close to a possible beta at least!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2