PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 08:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

JTuck is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weather Issue

The current weather on my home screen is off by a few degrees.

On my weather tab it is currently 27 with a High of 27 and a Low of 17.
On my home tab it is currently 30 with a High of 27 and a Low of 17.

Both show Waterloo, and both show fog.

Any idea why the High and Low are right but the current is off?

BTW US Cellular stock ROM(WM 6.5) with the apristel FlipClockFix installed. Also does it with the apristel FlipClockFix uninstalled.

Also Google maps and MyPhone updated version are installed but I doubt they would affect it.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 12-13-2009, 08:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Weather Issue

There was a report of this happening recently, I think it just fixed itself after a little bit, the issue, if I remember correctly, was accuweather or wherever the data was coming from. I personally dont worry about it, since if it's 27 or 30 I'm still taking a coat with me. Now the other day it told me it was raining outside my office when it was sunny... that was a little confusing...
Old 12-13-2009, 08:33 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

JTuck is a n00b

Seems like a software issue to me, if it was wrong on both screens I could see it being the site..... does the home tab and weather tab get the data from the same site? Rather does the home tab read it off the weather tab or get its own data?
Old 12-13-2009, 10:16 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

JTuck is a n00b

I tried to add my city to the weather database following this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=telus+weather

It wouldn't add my city but now the weather is fine. Not sure if it worked itself out or something I did fixed it.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Thien425 is a n00b

Im glad im not the only one with this problem, Im with Sprint and on Mighty's latest rom and the weather does this to me too.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:57 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

this is a server of the weather database issue, it will fix itself.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

This is the weather database right now:

Hang in there, it should fix itself.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:12 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
This is the weather database right now:

Hang in there, it should fix itself.
just noticed you still have "net3.5" i sig, man i remember sending people to your username to get it. lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

today my weather stopped syncing altogether, using EnergyROM 28011. Is there a fix for this or will it work itself out too? My internet and GPS is working just fine

Last edited by one80oneday; 12-13-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:27 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
my weather stopped syncing altogether, using EnergyROM 28011. Is there a fix for this or will it work itself out too? My internet and GPS is working just fine
sounds like same issue. both of mine are working fine.is quick gps updated?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2