PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Randomly Wakes Up

If I'm not mistaken, the screen will ALWAYS wake up on SMS as long as you have a CDMA phone. It's just like conference calling, the problem doesn't stem from the phone or the rom, but limitations of the CDMA service and theres nothing...scratch that impossible has happened...there's not much we can do about it at this point.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

yes because your on 3G network and then when you get a txt message it switches to 1X. when you switch service your phone will wake up.

this is why the phone actually wakesup. i dont think it has anything to do with your txt messages.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

joecoolinsc is a n00b

I have the same problem, and not just with SMS, but all notifications waking the screen. Also I have watched the screen come on when the phone changed from Sprint to digital roaming.

Even if you lock the phone from the start menu the screen wakes on all of these events. If the phone is in your pocket or case the screen then stays awake if it is touched. So power consumption is an issue. But at least the lock prevents pocket calls, inadvertent hang-ups, and a multidude of other possible key presses.

One thing I plan to do to combat this is get a body glove case or similar that has at least a little edge around the screen so there is a buffer between the screen and the case. Lock the phone before holstering, and the screen wakes (hopefully) won't last very long depending on display settings.

It is poor design in both the hardware and software. In my opinion, the screen should only wake for an incoming call. Any other events you can push the button to turn the screen on and see what it is/was.

Joe
Old 05-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

joecoolinsc is a n00b

Additional info....

When I first looked in the registry for the DisableSMSWake as mentioned earlier in the thread, the key was not there at all. I installed the cab (also earlier in the thread) and then the key name was there and set to 1.

Text message wakes the screen...

I changed it to 0.

Text message still wakes the screen...

Yes, I soft reset between regedits.

Joe

Last edited by joecoolinsc; 05-12-2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: corected information
Old 05-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

there is NO fix for waking up when recieving a sms.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2