PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesickness069 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Alright I want to ask this question to everyone. I've joined in on trying to fix this issue and been working for almost a week on this trying to think of everything that I can think of. Right now I really haven't gotten anywhere. But I do have a work around that keeps HTC Messages as the default texting program and you can send/receive/view MMS through the Arcsoft program using WM6.5.3 with Sense 2.5. I decided to go this route because even though we were trying to find a fix for this you still can't view MMS in the HTC Messages program.

I love Sense 2.5 and the HTC Messages program so I wanted to come up with away to keep them both on my phone. I think what I came up with has done this. I talked to HTC and they said that they are working with Sprint still with getting them a working WM6.5.3 to worki correctly with their Phones and their network. So I think until this is fixed on their end I will be using what I came up with. I know that this thread was for trying to find a fix for this issue so I don't want to post what I came up with unless people would like to see what I came up with. If you would like to know just let me know.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesickness069 View Post
]I decided to go this route because even though we were trying to find a fix for this you still can't view MMS in the HTC Messages program.
Trying to find a fix for this was the whole point of this thread.

~John
Old 02-28-2010, 03:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work

I recently found out about the mms issue and reading that there's no fix yet for us Sprint users makes me sad. Keep up the hard work guys and lets get this going. And Sprint needs to get there butts in gear too! Lol and HTC too.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Bump! Has all hope for us Sprint ppl gone down the drain???
Old 03-13-2010, 10:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Imagio, HTC Touch pro, XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Mike304 is keeping up the good workMike304 is keeping up the good work

Hey guys I'm willing to help out here as I've resolved this issue on the HTC Imagio to send MMS via HTC messaging, and WM messaging. Now I've used the same registry file as the imagio but changed it to sprint settings now the only question is for someone to test it out and let me know if it works; Btw it's a registry file and will need to be imported with a program such as Resco explorer, or total commander.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Mike304's Sprint mms test.rar.rar (2.6 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Mike304; 03-14-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:02 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike304 View Post
Hey guys I'm willing to help out here as I've resolved this issue on the HTC Imagio to send MMS via HTC messaging, and WM messaging. Now I've used the same registry file as the imagio but changed it to sprint settings now the only question is for someone to test it out and let me know if it works; Btw it's a registry file and will need to be imported with a program such as Resco explorer, or total commander.
I see your profile for Sprint has no ip address and there is alot of info in this thread advising that we do need an ip address.

Maybe someone that is gonna hard reset can test this to see if it works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Question Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
I see your profile for Sprint has no ip address and there is alot of info in this thread advising that we do need an ip address.

Maybe someone that is gonna hard reset can test this to see if it works.
Is a hard reset necessary for this? I want to try it but I don't wanna do a hard reset lol..??
Old 03-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

if you do a hard reset... first you can back everything up with sprite backup and by copying your pim file to ur sd card...if u need help with this pm me.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Imagio, HTC Touch pro, XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Mike304 is keeping up the good workMike304 is keeping up the good work

You don't need to hard reset to do this, just backup your current mms settings. It won't hurt to try it; I honestly don't know the ip address and if someone can provide then i can put it into place for you. In my opinion I doubt you need an ip address.

Last edited by Mike304; 03-14-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:58 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I wish I could try this out but I am tied up at the moment with the Android stuff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2