PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 06:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

carrmic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

I have A TP2 (Sprint) which came with WM6.5 and Manilla 2.5. The built in MMS worked fairly well. I have flashed to Mightyrom latest official (MightyROM_RhodiumW_050110). I didn't install the carrier cabs since I can't seem to locate them anywhere. Mightyrom suggests that you install them after flashing, but provides no links to them. Diging through the XDA and other forums can be quite a tedious process. Can someone point me to latest carrier cabs and explain what they do specifically? The troubles I have are: The data connection had to be set up manually, and after I set it up to #777 it continues to ask me for a username, password, and domain even though it works without them and I tell it to save the blank info. The MMS functions are just gone. I have tried Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79.cab, but am unsatisfied with the performance, and integration is iffy. How is it that the Manilla based MMS messaging was stripped out of Mightyrom? Can't it just be left in or readded? Does anyone know how I can restore the original functionality. I am not a newb.. but I'm having a hard time finding current info in these forums or on the Mghtyrom site.
Thanks!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrmic View Post
I have A TP2 (Sprint) which came with WM6.5 and Manilla 2.5. The built in MMS worked fairly well. I have flashed to Mightyrom latest official (MightyROM_RhodiumW_050110). I didn't install the carrier cabs since I can't seem to locate them anywhere. Mightyrom suggests that you install them after flashing, but provides no links to them. Diging through the XDA and other forums can be quite a tedious process. Can someone point me to latest carrier cabs and explain what they do specifically? The troubles I have are: The data connection had to be set up manually, and after I set it up to #777 it continues to ask me for a username, password, and domain even though it works without them and I tell it to save the blank info. The MMS functions are just gone. I have tried Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79.cab, but am unsatisfied with the performance, and integration is iffy. How is it that the Manilla based MMS messaging was stripped out of Mightyrom? Can't it just be left in or readded? Does anyone know how I can restore the original functionality. I am not a newb.. but I'm having a hard time finding current info in these forums or on the Mghtyrom site.
Thanks!
mightyrom provisioning is automatically run when the rom is flashed, but it sounds like it didn't work for you. So, you just click Start-Tools-Mightyrom Provisioning, and pick your carrier and hit Commit.

If you install the arcsoft mentioned on his first page, to device, not mem card, it should work perfect, like stock

By the way, you dont have mightyrom's latest official. thats an old one.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinonice4 View Post
It seems odd, but I am having trouble receiving mms messages. When I go to download the picture, it says it was unable to download the message. I clean flashed the newest Mr. X rom and installed the 1.5.2014.3625 htc messaging app. Since I am on verizon, I then installed the Valkerie mms fix. I then changed the server settings to
Server name: VZW
IP address: blank
Port: 80
Server address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=mynumber
Connect via: Verizon Wireless
Send Limit: 1024 KB
WAP version: none

I can send out mms messages, but am unable to receive them. What do I need to change to get this working? Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Installed Ziggy's registry backup and still can't download messages.
I had the exact same problem (& it had worked fine for me for months)

I just flashed a new NRG ROM & now it works fine.

Here are the settings that are working for me mnow on VZ:

Server Name: Verizon Wireless

gateway is blank

port # 80

server address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

connect via The Internet

Send Limit 1195K

WAP Version WAP 2.0

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I had the exact same problem (& it had worked fine for me for months)

I just flashed a new NRG ROM & now it works fine.

Here are the settings that are working for me mnow on VZ:

Server Name: Verizon Wireless

gateway is blank

port # 80

server address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

connect via The Internet

Send Limit 1195K

WAP Version WAP 2.0

~John
hey john, is that using htc messaging or using arcsoft? and is that with or without valkerie's mms fix. I know this is a htc messaging thread, but just wanted to make sure. thanks

Last edited by razorloves; 06-01-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
hey john, is that using htc messaging or using arcsoft? and is that with or without valkerie's mms fix. I know this is a htc messaging thread, but just wanted to make sure. thanks
I was running the Dec 18th NRG Dusk ROM & using HTC Messaging for everything (MMS/SMS etc)

Everybody complains how it is slow/laggy etc, but it always worked fine for me because I keep my inbox cleaned out regularly & I liked it.

A few weeks back right out of the blue (after running that ROM for 5 months) it stopped receiving MMS (& I get them all the time at work). It would send MMS just fine & SMS worked fine both ways, but when an MMS came in I would get a screen giving all the details etc but it refused to DL the image.

Since I really needed MMS for work, I tried every fix I could think of (imnuts arcsoft, valkerie fix, changing server settings etc etc etc), but absolutely nothing worked.

At that point, I said the hell with it & flashed the newest NRG 23563 ROM & after the VZ provisioning everything works perfectly. NRG's ROMs now have the HTC Messanging disabled but it does read from the messaging tab etc so it doesn't really matter (you don't have to use any of the old "work arounds")

John
Old 06-01-2010, 06:17 PM
VIP Member

By the way, I am thinking about adding HTC Messaging back to the new setup & see if it still works. Stay tuned for the results.....

~John
Old 06-16-2010, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

Another new version, that's basically only as laggy as the native WM app.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=700495

I'd love to see MMS working though it for Sprint. Anyone wanna take a look at the new version? To the best of my knowledge, we're running into the same problem. I can receive fine. Sending seems to work, but the message never goes anywhere.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Lurker

carrmic is a n00b

What is the reason the native messaging apps couldn't be left in these roms? Or maybe I mean.. why were they taken out?
Old 06-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
What is the reason the native messaging apps couldn't be left in these roms? Or maybe I mean.. why were they taken out?
They were taken out because of all of these unresolved issues...
Old 06-16-2010, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
The main reason is the way CDMA networks deal with MMS. The HTC Messaging is taken out because HTC has made it to work only with GSM so far, to my knowledge.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2