PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

timgt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP!!! Bootloader reboot cycle!

Just do this, Hold down the "volume down" button and the "windows start menu" button, while holding these 2 down hit the power button up top. The phone will go to a multi colored page that says serial at the bottom

Now plug in your USB cable and it will switch to USB from serial. You can at this point flash a good ROM, whether it be stock or something else.

Ive thought I have bricked my phone many times but this always works to get a good ROM back on it and was kinda hard to find the button combination that worked (actually found it myself by accident).

Good luck
Old 12-09-2009, 08:47 PM
The Great Winged Horse
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6800 TP2
Carrier: Big Red

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computerman897 View Post
If I plug it in without the cover over the inside 2 battery pins it enters the Bootloader On-> Drains Battery-> Shuts off, Charges-> Bootloader on again cylce on its own, whether I try and turn it on or not.

I've had it on the charger with the cover on for a good 8 hours and it sitll won't reach a full charge...
Time to take it in sounds like that is actually "Bricked".

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgt View Post
Just do this, Hold down the "volume down" button and the "windows start menu" button, while holding these 2 down hit the power button up top. The phone will go to a multi colored page that says serial at the bottom

Now plug in your USB cable and it will switch to USB from serial. You can at this point flash a good ROM, whether it be stock or something else.

Ive thought I have bricked my phone many times but this always works to get a good ROM back on it and was kinda hard to find the button combination that worked (actually found it myself by accident).

Good luck
He's on Verizon, diff buttons but yea thats what I was trying to explain. Only his battery is dead and wont stay in bootloader.

Last edited by Pegasus"143"; 12-09-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
Sounds like the XDA_UC program. It auto-installs all of your cabs for you if you click the customize icon in some roms. You have to set it up first though. Sound like you triggered it somehow. Try a hard reset.
On Verizon: Vol dwn + snd + end + Reset(under battery cover). It will then prompt you to press the vol up button to clear memory and then snd to commit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" View Post
Verizon Hard reset does not include pushing reset button.

Holy Crap, I didn't know this could be made difficult. Technically you are both right. The key is that Vol dwn + snd + end are pressed while the phone is booting. You can accomplish this by:

- Removing the battery and then holding the keys while reinserting battery
- Soft-resetting via program like psShutXP and holding keys down
- Vol dwn + snd + end + Reset

Does that clear it up?

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache->Titan->TP2 YEAH!
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Computerman897 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" View Post
Time to take it in sounds like that is actually "Bricked".
Shit!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
battery drainage, bootloader, hspl, reboot cycle, tp2