PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

sbrown2680 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rubberized hard case for Sprint Touch Pro-2 Ebay

Saw this thread and thought I'd drop my 2-cents.
I originally purchased the case listed above. However when I bought mine it didn't have the proper hole drilled so I had to do that myself. I didn't like the case due to the fact that the two holes were ugly and tapping the close "X" was difficult due to the edge of the case being so close. I did a little more research and found this little jewel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rubberized-Hard-...ht_2814wt_1165

It fits my Sprint Touch Pro2 perfectly. According to the page it supposedly fits the verizon model too but I can't gurantee that.

Notice that the case only goes around the edges so no proximity sensor blocking and your full screen is easily touchable. The other positive is that the back where the clip would go is flat instead of other cases where it's raised and you'll end up with a square hole if you don't use the belt clip...and c'mon seriously, who uses the belt clip.

I know this isn't as nice as the seidio case but I figured that some day I'm going to break it and buying another $9.00 case is easier for me to swallow than buying another $30 one.

I just wanted to share so that some folks may save themselves the trouble of buying the other case and being disappointed and then having to buy another.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:55 PM
b194331

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrown2680 View Post
Saw this thread and thought I'd drop my 2-cents.
I originally purchased the case listed above. However when I bought mine it didn't have the proper hole drilled so I had to do that myself. I didn't like the case due to the fact that the two holes were ugly and tapping the close "X" was difficult due to the edge of the case being so close. I did a little more research and found this little jewel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rubberized-Hard-...ht_2814wt_1165

It fits my Sprint Touch Pro2 perfectly. According to the page it supposedly fits the verizon model too but I can't gurantee that.

Notice that the case only goes around the edges so no proximity sensor blocking and your full screen is easily touchable. The other positive is that the back where the clip would go is flat instead of other cases where it's raised and you'll end up with a square hole if you don't use the belt clip...and c'mon seriously, who uses the belt clip.

I know this isn't as nice as the seidio case but I figured that some day I'm going to break it and buying another $9.00 case is easier for me to swallow than buying another $30 one.

I just wanted to share so that some folks may save themselves the trouble of buying the other case and being disappointed and then having to buy another.
Hey, this looks really cool. Thanks for the link. Would it be possible for you to take some more real life pics than whats supplied in their auction? I'd just like to see how the fit looks once its on. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

akavalerie is a n00b

I have this case too in red. I have Verizon so no issues with the hole. Not bad for the price, but it does make it a lot bulkier. I didn't like that the edges of the case were white...made it look kinda cheesy/cheap so I used a sharpie to make them black...made a huge difference in the way it looks.

One thing I think won't last though is the tabs...too many times removing the back and putting it back on (to access the battery or SD card) and they are going weaken.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work

I have this case and it's the same and a lot cheaper and comes with screen protector;

item:

works for my sprint version

it was only $5.60 shipped, reputable dealer
Old 01-11-2010, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

krusty46 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardog View Post
I have this case and it's the same and a lot cheaper and comes with screen protector;

item:

works for my sprint version

it was only $5.60 shipped, reputable dealer
It's not the same. The other case is more open on the screen. Does not have the cut out on the top of the screen. I have this case and it's great for the price, but the other case looks nicer to me.
And white on the edges drove me nuts. Sharpie does not last and wears off, but it did make it look better for a few weeks.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just bought my TP2 off ebay, I'm about to grab either the Zagg or Siedio cases, and I'm wondering if they fit in a holster w/belt clip? I'd prefer to have the phone in a slim protective case and then slip in and out of the pouch/holster that you can belt clip to your waist.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2