PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

plagwate is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Weather Update Causes Shift in Time Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer691 View Post
You are the man finally a fix for this nagging problem you are right but backwards burkilos this is what you have to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Bring up the dialer, press Menu, Options, CDMA Services, Time Synchronization and check Time synchronize with mobile network automatically.

2) Go to manilla Settings tab, Data services and disable Internet time sync.

for now even after updating the time stays correct and no jumping time zones!!!!!!!!
O.K....I tried it your way since I had Time synchronize with mobile network unchecked. Now it's checked. Of course I still cannot locate where Internet time sync is on my phone. Regardless, I turned on the automatic weather update. The phone immediately reset to Mountain Time. I've switched it back to Eastern. We'll see how long that sticks.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

burkilos is just getting started

My time zone kept shifting from cell tower to cell tower but most likely due to the DST changes not being applied to all towers, not due to weather updates... maybe your problem is truly different?

Unchecking the CDMA Service time synchro fixed it because it no longer relied on cell towers for time zone information, and enabling internet time made sure I still had some way to ensure my time was accurate.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:44 PM
Lurker

plagwate is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkilos View Post
My time zone kept shifting from cell tower to cell tower but most likely due to the DST changes not being applied to all towers, not due to weather updates... maybe your problem is truly different?

Unchecking the CDMA Service time synchro fixed it because it no longer relied on cell towers for time zone information, and enabling internet time made sure I still had some way to ensure my time was accurate.
I'd buy that if the difference were only one hour. But this is a two hour difference between time zones. I'm trying to read up on Manila now to see if I can find where the adjustment in Step 2 is located. I appreciate your help thus far.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

wolffer691 is becoming a great contributor

i assume you are using sense well on the bottom on the home screen you can slide over to settings the same place where you can change your home screen turn on your wireless and bluetooth and data connection data services is in that same menu right below sound and display depending on what rom you are using! here is a couple of screenshots for ya!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (8.2 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3[1].jpg (8.7 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot4[1].jpg (7.3 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot5[1].jpg (3.4 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-16-2010, 03:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Anyone have Confilippers weather database installed? this also seems to cause it with my location service but works fine with all other manila versions
Old 04-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Lurker

plagwate is a n00b

Quote:
i assume you are using sense well on the bottom on the home screen you can slide over to settings the same place where you can change your home screen turn on your wireless and bluetooth and data connection data services is in that same menu right below sound and display depending on what rom you are using! here is a couple of screenshots for ya!
Nope. I do not have a Data services selection. The closest thing I have is Communications. Going through every selection including Communications, I still cannot find an option to Get time from the internet. BTW, we were back to Mountain Time this morning.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G

lilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to lilflip21

Quote:

1) Bring up the dialer, press Menu, Options, CDMA Services, Time Synchronization and check Time synchronize with mobile network automatically.

2) Go to manilla Settings tab, Data services and disable Internet time sync.

for now even after updating the time stays correct and no jumping time zones!!!!!!!!

Ok this worked perfectly for me Thankyou guys and I looked a little further and found the reg key for this setting for those of you like me that like all your settings setup for you automatically on a fresh flash heres the reg key in question to add to disable htc manilla weather time sync.. also changeing this reg key should work for those of you who can't find the setting to change in the manilla settings tab

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\TimeZoneAutoFix]
"CreatePDPAlways"=dword:00000002

Original or default value is 1.. setting it to 2 disables the Manilla time sync and fixes the hour ahead on weather update issue...
Old 04-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by plagwate View Post
I'd buy that if the difference were only one hour. But this is a two hour difference between time zones. I'm trying to read up on Manila now to see if I can find where the adjustment in Step 2 is located. I appreciate your help thus far.
Try keeping sync settings on and install this cab. This is the working settings in Imagio 6.5
Attached Files
File Type: cab TimeZone Auto Fix.cab (1.3 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2