PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Buy son a TP2?

If he is in college, or going to college, he will probably want more social networking than anything. Granted the TP2 can do that and more, and in the long run, be a dual purpose phone (social as well as useful with all the school related software). Right now its a toss up of either a Palm Pre or the TP2. Both have the slide out KB, granted the TP2 is more professional, but if its the "next best thing" then go with the Palm Pre. Or you could start him out small, they have TP1 for cheap on ebay.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nycxhobbes is just getting started

I agree with everyone here. The TP2 is a solid build. I keep it in my pocket all the time and just dont put anything else in that pocket and the screen breaking never crosses my minds. In the end I think it all boils down to how responsible you think your son is. Personally I am a very heavy user and while I try to take care of my phone it always ends up with nicks and scratches all over the place so I have learned to live with a non-pristine phone. I always reccomend getting TEP if you are going with Sprint. And like someone mentioned before you can always just buy a cheap TP1... In fact I have one for sale right now! lol. But really I think the TP2 is a good buy that is well worth the money.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:54 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

get him a used Touch Pro. He wasn't a very good boy this year.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I am only posting this in case it helps out, but I have a TouchPro in mint shape that I will sell real cheap if it helps somebody out on this site.

I am not really trying to sell it or I would have put it on ebay or craig's list so don't flame me for "posting it in the wrong section". I actually gave it to my Sister's son to use a few weeks ago, but he decided to switch to ATT & buy an iphone............

It is a Sprint hardware TP that I ported to Verizon (it is a VZ phone at this point) but it would be simple enough to flash it back to stock Sprint.

If it will help out a poster here, PM me.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 12-07-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i def would not get him a P.O.S. touchpro like others say ... that phone sux! i have a tp2 that i also keep in my pocket & only thing i used 2 worry about relating to that is random dialing that would occur in my pocket untill i started using PS for a lock
Old 12-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Unless he wears skintight Wrangler nutcutters he won't have any problems with pocket space. I'm a girl & I wear semi-tight jeans & I even carry it in my pocket sometimes with no issues. Just don't carry anything hard(keys, change, tools) in the same pocket.

I also would NOT get him a TP1. It's a good phone but it has serious build quality issues. I went through 3 of them & I baby my phones like you wouldn't believe.

That said, DAMN what a lucky kid! Wish my folks would have bought me a $600 present when I was 18, but I get bath stuff for my birthday & Xmas. But then again my mom did get me one of them newfangled 'cellular telephones' from SWBell when I was 18 back in the stone ages, so I guess maybe I am loved, lol

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 12-07-2009, 02:04 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

I've been carrying around my TP2 in my jeans front pocket. Like others have said if he makes sure the screen is facing his leg there shouldn't be any issue about it breaking. If he must have a physical keyboard but wants a big screen, the only real smart phone options are the TP2 or the Samsung Moment.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hi... Dad...
I need you to get me that TP2...
The kid in your house is not your son. I have been replaced by a cybegenic android and he is evil. You should PM me and I will get you my new address... Also I am going by a new name... I chose a mexican name as to not call attention to myself. It's pauldehoyos.
So... As agreed... PM me and I will get you my address. Send me the TP2 and I would also apprciate some money for "college"
Thanks daddy.
I love you.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2