PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 07:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

blankd3ckskat3r is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
alltel wm5

i was just wondering...can anyone point me somewhere to get the wm5 alltel firmware? ive been looking everywhere. thanks
Old 10-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...RUU_signed.nbh

You'll need to read through the Hard-SPL thread to get your phone ready to use this update and get associated tools (like RUU and titan_exitbl also available in my folder on the FTP).

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 03-14-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks a lot, hopefully my mogul wont run as sluggish.. i have the alltel wm6 rom on it now
Old 10-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
How is it running sluggish?, I have no issues with WM6 except for the fact that my phone locks up when using my plantronics headset..

Will g
Old 10-09-2007, 12:56 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
blankd3ckskat3r, I am running the WM5 ROM.

I dumped WM6 within 4 hours of having the phone yesterday. Went to WM5 Alltel and the whole phone definitely runs a touch smoother... except on text input. That's never been a WM5 strength so I turned off the auto-correct features and now it zips along.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bigray327 is keeping up the good workbigray327 is keeping up the good work
Same here. WM6's Bluetooth issues (won't connect to my car stereo and it DSODs upon disconnecting) were too much for me, and none of the custom ROMs have fixed it for me yet, so I'm trying WM5. It's running quite fine on my Mogul, but I haven't tested the Bluetooth yet.

Last edited by bigray327; 10-09-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
problem with WM5 is that bluetooth stereo sounds awful on most headsets (A2DP).
There was an encoding problem that finally got fixed in WM6.
I put WM6 on my old devices just for the stereo support (since I bought a car stereo capable of A2DP, and my house stereo has an adaptor as well as a couple of A2DP headsets).

If WM5 had proper stereo bluetooth support, I'd also go back to it since 6 hasn't offered anything so amazing to me.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok so exactly what do i do with the file imcokeman posted? is there a thread on here that will walk me through how to do this? nd btw i dont have a stereo bluetooth headset i have a motorola h350..does wm5 have problems with it?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

any help would be appriciated..lke what o i do with .nbh files.. or a step by step process for installing wm5 on the mogul. thanks.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankd3ckskat3r View Post
any help would be appriciated..lke what o i do with .nbh files.. or a step by step process for installing wm5 on the mogul. thanks.
I was in the same position as you are 2 days ago. Took a while to figure it all out, no one has written a formal tutorial yet, but I plan to do that in the next couple of days.
Someone needs to write it out for those of us who never had a 6700...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan