PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 06:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robisonjon2891 View Post
ive had the mogel for about 3 months and just learned that it can be modeded and i want to learn how will some one help me get on the right track so i dont mess up my phone
well, don't goof around with the ROM and you shouldnt have too many problems. you can get away with changing some registry settings, but unless you know what you're changing (and you should probably write down what it says originally, and/or back it up first), you may want to approach that stuff tentatively.

what are you wanting to do? just a new look for it? if so, check the forums for themes. most of them are cab files, which you only need to DL to your phone, then run. exe files are the same way. if it is a zipped folder, pull it to your computer, extract it, then pull the extracted cab to the phone and run it.

you can search the forums for everything i mention here. you'll either find them here, or at the xda-dev site.

a registry editor is a nice tool to have. i use PHM registry editor (you can find it here or by googling) because it is easy and free.
i
have the htc today screen, which i have customized with hhc (htc home customizer). it's pretty sharp looking, and provides easy access for the most part to favorite people, weather, phone ringer (silent, vibrate, regulah ole ringy dingy) and often used programs. today screen is a ginormous clock and calendar with notifications for email/sms/call history

i like slide2unlock. it is totally unecessary, but i like the way it looks, lol

pocketcm is also a slick little program, that manages your contacts with a 'flick scroll' iphone like interface. very handy, and dang cool. however, sms doesn't play nicely if you have palm sms installed, which i do.

palm sms allows threaded conversations via sms, a la palm phones, only on windows mobile devices. if that doesn't make sense, think of your sms messages reading off like an IM conversation. my sms app has, right now, a list of people with whom i have had sms conversations. i click on a person, and it shows me the entire conversation we have ever had. i like this, rather than having all my sms convos sorted by 'time'.

the newest version of tcpmp (the core pocket media player) with flash video bundle 1.3.1 installed on top of that allow me to watch youtube or stage6 videos in a streaming fashion. very neat. now i can stream family guy or movies on my phone, while i am sitting around bored somewhere

there are several iphone like interfaces that work very well, i have one, but am removing it soon. it just doesn't do it for me. at least, not the way it is currently configured. maybe i'll tweak it.

i want LED killer to play nice with my phone, but apparently it doesn't dig ilock, which is a component of slide2unlock. LED killer would keep my phone from all the damn blinking it does (reminds me of the simpsons episode where homer build an alarm that 'goes off every 10seconds unless something is wrong').

there are LOTS of applications you can put on the phone. so...what is it that you are wanting to do?

i think my next big move will be installing a BT GPS app.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:18 AM
N00b

NewYorkChic is a n00b
my phones runs slow and i dont have half of what you have on yours...but my active is always running
Old 10-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkChic View Post
my phones runs slow and i dont have half of what you have on yours...but my active is always running

It could be a number of things, I can help you sometime on aim

divxrippimp (laptop)
or
NickKMobile (phone)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan