PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

hilo4321 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul Freezing Constantly

This is been hashed and rehashed, I know, but I have searched for a LONG time on many forums, and on Google in general. I am dying here.

So, here's the deal. I have default Sprint ROM 3.56.651.0 (no sprint stuff, soft reset before all that garbage installed), and radio 3.42.02. The mogul started off working great (got it from my dad, got a new phone), and I was really happy with it. Then it started to do the "won't come back from sleep" thing, happening occasionally. Then it started happening more and more. Now it is just outright freezing CONSTANTLY. Now when I soft reset the device it only boots to the green windows screen and stops about 80% of the time. 15% of the time it doesn't even get to that screen. I think, now I'm not positive about this, but I think being plugged in helps it boot properly. At this point I don't know what to do.

Here is what I have tried/established that it is not the problem:

-not the program memory, I'm really anal about not having programs running that I don't want running (to save battery power)
-hard reset multiple times
-considered new roms, but am not sure if i want to go that route at the moment. I will however if people think that this will help to alleviate the problem
-probably everything google has to offer, but have forgotten.

Another point of interest, I manually replaced the screen before this started happening, but it was some time until the freezing began.

I am at my wits end, and I assure you I have been at this for hours before posting here. I will be eternally grateful if someone has any advice.

EDIT: ok, I'm going to go ahead and say that it works better when plugged in.. it boots much more regularly, however it still freezes when I'm trying to do something on it.

Last edited by hilo4321; 09-29-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Mogul Freezing Constantly

try a new rom. if that doesnt work you can always flash back to the stock rom.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Switch bootloaders. Try 2.47 or 2.4 depending upon what you have.
I am kinda guessing you are having a hardware failure. I think it is time for a free replacement.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hilo4321 is a n00b

No insurance, can't get a free replacement (as far as I know?)

Also, I don't suppose you could point me in the direction of said bootloaders/how to install them?

To be honest, the last thing I want to do right now is wade through more forums.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

You can find the bootloaders here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857 But that issue is sounding like a hardware problem.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hilo4321 is a n00b

Soooo basically I need to just throw it in the trash can? Or is there some way I can try to address this short of going to the Sprint store?

I will check out the bootloaders though.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It isnt trash but it would be good for parts. You could take it to sprint and ask them but I dont see them doing a lot.
Next time I highly suggest you get insurance. It makes replacements for warranty items free.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Carrier: sprint

cookts is a n00b

I am in the same boat. I don't have insurance for a replacement. I am using the same rom and radio. I did the factory reset and the phone is still locking up. It will run for a day or two and then freeze. I am curious as to what parts of the phone should be saved and what would I use them for?

On another note, I don't feel like shelling out another $350 for an HTC considering what happened with this one. Has anyone seen a review of the new Samsung Intrepid? Sprint is charing $150 for this one. Is Samsung any more reliable than HTC or should I expect this one to die in a couple of years as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
It isnt trash but it would be good for parts. You could take it to sprint and ask them but I dont see them doing a lot.
Next time I highly suggest you get insurance. It makes replacements for warranty items free.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Mr. Chevy

Buy a used mogul on ebay for $70. Did you even try a hard reset? I would bet some software you have is the problem.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Carrier: sprint

cookts is a n00b

Yes I did. That is what I meant by factory reset. Holding down the two soft keys, pressing in the reset button, waiting for the reset screen, pressing R to reload factory settings, and then space bar to reboot. So with that, would the freezing still then be related to hardware? I load no software after doing the reset including the sprint stuff.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Buy a used mogul on ebay for $70. Did you even try a hard reset? I would bet some software you have is the problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan