PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
I'm looking for a way to remap only one of the OK buttons. Anything known for that yet? The OK button on the front of my Mogul is the most useless button on there. I have yet to press it even once. The one on the side of the unit is where my thumb always is, so it's the most convenient one. I've used the one on the keyboard once or twice, too. But I'd love to program the front button to do something useful for a change.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:56 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I'm looking for a way to remap only one of the OK buttons. Anything known for that yet? The OK button on the front of my Mogul is the most useless button on there. I have yet to press it even once. The one on the side of the unit is where my thumb always is, so it's the most convenient one. I've used the one on the keyboard once or twice, too. But I'd love to program the front button to do something useful for a change.
Check 2 posts up from yours

Old 10-06-2007, 06:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Power button near scroll wheel... what????

Either way, no there is not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomahem View Post
Anyway to disable the power button I hit ever time i use the scroll wheel.
Love the program!
Old 10-13-2007, 02:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 800w, HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

kalibar is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kalibar
So is installing AE Button Plus (in some capacity) the only way to re-map the side OK button? It would be nice to be able to do so with a simple registry fix like specv asked.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

specv is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalibar View Post
So is installing AE Button Plus (in some capacity) the only way to re-map the side OK button? It would be nice to be able to do so with a simple registry fix like specv asked.
yea it would be nice but AE button plus is sooo small and very easy to use. It runs as a service once it is setup you dont even know its there
Old 10-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
AE is a great program. I used it to configure the Ok button on the front to lock and power off my device on a double press (using DeviceLock with it). I wish there was a way to unlock it using buttons only rather than having to tap the screen. I know you can do an easy unlock with DeviceLock (just push the left soft key to unlock) but that's a little too easy for me. I would prefer to just hit the left soft key and the center button on the 4-way switch (similar to how you do it on the Treo). That would be the easiest way to do it while keeping the phone from unlocking accidentally. Has anyone figured out if that can be done with AE?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

specv is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
AE is a great program. I used it to configure the Ok button on the front to lock and power off my device on a double press (using DeviceLock with it). I wish there was a way to unlock it using buttons only rather than having to tap the screen. I know you can do an easy unlock with DeviceLock (just push the left soft key to unlock) but that's a little too easy for me. I would prefer to just hit the left soft key and the center button on the 4-way switch (similar to how you do it on the Treo). That would be the easiest way to do it while keeping the phone from unlocking accidentally. Has anyone figured out if that can be done with AE?
i like the double ok as the power button, what do u map to turn off the phone
Old 10-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
It's an option within DeviceLock (Suspend Device) - check off that option. Then use AE to run the DeviceLock application (not the built-in device lock) upon a double-click of the Ok button - it will lock your phone and power it off.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: The Evil Evo

gorto is a n00b
Re: Remap OK button

Since my power button is broke. I tried this program, and I am only able to turn my phone screen off. I can not turn it on. Anyone else having this specific issue?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan