PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Sorry to keep posting, but you dont actually have 32 satellites being tracked at any time... it just has that capability, i at most get 9... usualy around 5-7 tho...
or does that mean it has access to 32 different satellites and the other only has access to 20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusvfyre View Post
The 1200 also tracks 32 satelites where the 240 only tracks 20.....
Old 09-19-2007, 04:09 PM
N00b

AJerman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
Sorry to keep posting, but you dont actually have 32 satellites being tracked at any time... it just has that capability, i at most get 9... usualy around 5-7 tho...
or does that mean it has access to 32 different satellites and the other only has access to 20?
Good question. From what I understood it meant it could pick up up to 32 different satellites at once, not that it "knew" 32, but I could be wrong. I'm new to the GPS game. Either way, like you said, the most I ever get is 9 as well, usually 7 though.

As for the picture someone requested, I posted this in another GPS thread today, excuse the poor quality, I took the picture with my 6800

That's the M-1200. Small and works great with Live Search, Google Maps, and Tomtom (that's all I've used with it so far). Oh, and as for thickness since you can't tell there, it's about oh I'd say 3/4 as thick as it is wide.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Yeah I never get more that around 8 or 9 sats at a time.

From what I understand the 32 or 20 channels comes into play when you are trying to aquire the satellites, you can get sat locks faster with the more channels looking.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
There isn't even quite 32 GPS satellites in orbit in total, spaced all around the earth

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan