PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Lurker

Sharper is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Titan WM 6.1 and GPS

I have been reading the forums for a while and done all the right things to try to get this phone to hook up to a GPS satellite. I down loaded the HOLUX viewer and all I get is Scan Com Open Failures. All I want is to use Google or Livesearch. Why is it so hard to get this phone to unlock the GPS port. Can someone help me with this?
Old 05-11-2009, 04:57 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: HTC Titan WM 6.1 and GPS

Learn to use the search feature or Google n00b. It is not hard to get GPS working. If you can't do a simple search on something you need help with, then you don't need to be moding your phone. It is very easy. Just read around.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Sharper is a n00b

That is just the problem most searches say it is enabled on your phone already and some say you have to mod the phone. What one is it? I can mod the phone but I don't want to if I don't have to. I am new at this that is why I asked for help. Thanks for being so kind.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Which ROM are you using? The original few ROMs that came on Alltel phones did not have GPS enabled. The latest ROM (it was a WM 6.1 ROM, but I can't remember the exact specs) did have it enabled.
If you have unlocked and are on a custom ROM with a 3.x radio, you are good to go. If you're on an older radio, you will need to upgrade for GPS.

Getting it working on Alltel is much easier than some of the other carriers. And then find Shadow_Tech's posts about setting up aGPS, and you'll see satalites within a few seconds versus up to 5 minutes using regular GPS.

And +1 on searching. If you read some of the more recent posts and guides on GPS around here, you'll find all of the info you need.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:04 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Learn to use the search feature or Google n00b. It is not hard to get GPS working. If you can't do a simple search on something you need help with, then you don't need to be moding your phone. It is very easy. Just read around.
chill out man, not everyone knows as much as you.

as far as the question at hand go check out some of the gps threads first. believe a lot of people have had your problem and there is a chance it has already been answered. good luck
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor

Sometimes they forget what it was like to be brand new. I hesitate every time I get ready to post for fear I'll get my hand smacked, but you have to understand how hard the experts work to keep our geeky desires satisfied. Honestly, there are a ton of posts around about enabling the GPSr on the Alltel 6800. Anyway, try the link below. I used it and mine works perfectly. You should check and make sure that you have the latest ROM (3.56) before you jump into this.

Good Luck.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36377

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan